Vic State Election 22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Vic State Election 22

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Yep I heard there's damning evidence of Andrews and hookers on Hunter's laptop.
Yeah l heard that too,that must be were all those billions over budget have gone,he's been throwing lavish parties for all his union and Green mates :rolleyes:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Being the premier of Victoria ,but l guess that will change soon enough,and the Pandora''s box on Andrews has just begun to open.

Look, I'd like to see the abolition of the state and private property as much as the next person, but I don't think it is a crime to be Premier under the current system.

I doubt Andrews will stop being Premier for a while, after all, the alternative would be to vote in the incompetent right wingers (hmm, tautology?) and I can't see that happening.

I have a suspicion that Andrews might just give up being Premier in a couple of years anyway, he has been doing it for a while and is likely sick of all the crap that comes with the job.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Dan and his pals made a mess over use of the red shirts but I don’t see this as corrupt.

So many are now employed within our parliamentary system, whose jobs are given out by members, rather than through the civil service. As a result the red shirt politicking thing was almost inevitable, as the lines of responsible behaviour became blurred.

Not so sure about Guy, with his means of the raising of funds to help his party’s election chances, already catching him out.

Election spending in the US is a real eye opener. In the recent mid term elections each of the candidates for the house and senate had massive expenditure on p/r and advertising with sums spent in the region of US$ 60-100 million per candidate, common place.

Corruption is a nasty beast.

Our systems, as well as those on offer federally are imo, poor, (as they don’t provide enough protection for those in the under investigation stage).

The media don’t want this to change for obvious reasons and unfortunately the pols afraid of a backlash, won’t take them on.

It’s much more of the same ++ in the US, where lobbyists wield a great deal of influence and have enormous funds available to support preferred candidates.

The US however deliberately permits most of it to occur under its protection of free speech right. There is no compulsory voting and not surprisingly many opt out altogether.

Happily so far, we are a long way behind.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Dictator Dan Andrews could give him some pointers on how to avoid authorities.
This sums up the state of the anti Andrews agitators, throw away lines.
Whilst I am no great fan of the Premier not being liked by some is not a crime.
He has done some dodgy political deals and his fair share of pork barrelling but if they were a crime we would have half the politicians in the country in jail.
The shame for the LNP is that when they go after someone for being corrupt they keep on outdoing those they accuse.

Reactions: 3 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
This sums up the state of the anti Andrews agitators, throw away lines.
Whilst I am no great fan of the Premier not being liked by some is not a crime.
He has done some dodgy political deals and his fair share of pork barrelling but if they were a crime we would have half the politicians in the country in jail.
The shame for the LNP is that when they go after someone for being corrupt they keep on outdoing those they accuse.
I tell you what's criminal ,when you have a state government that blows the budget on nearly every project they do .
We are talking Billions ,which isn't his money it's our money.
The state has a massive debt,who do you think will be paying it off.

What sort of society have we become,when labourers from a certain union involved in Andrews projects ,earn more than a GP,,200k a year for a labourer what a *smile* joke.
What has Andrews done for country area's ,nothing but band aids,the only time you hear from Teflon Dan is before a election,and then he goes back to his city centric projects.

Reactions: 1 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
If you have evidence Andrews has committed crimes the Herald Sun will pay you a fortune for it.
They dont need to pay anyone,the dislike of Andrews is bigger than you rose colored Labor supporters think.
Even the Greens are getting worried about piggy backing Andrews.
Then you have young voters ,and they won't forget the excessive lock downs .

• Dislike

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
They dont need to pay anyone,the dislike of Andrews is bigger than you rose colored Labor supporters think.
Even the Greens are getting worried about piggy backing Andrews.
Then you have young voters ,and they won't forget the excessive lock downs .
So being disliked is a crime? You said he'd committed crimes.

I don't have rose-coloured glasses on when it comes to Labor. I email my local federal member regularly expressing variations of "wtf are you doing?". It's just that the alternative governments both federally and state are so inept, so in denial, so stupid, nasty, ignorant, cynical, bought-and-paid-for fossil fuel whores with no plan, no vision, no heart, no brains and no guts. They are useless.

The Greens are a bunch of petulant, entitled, deluded, student politician puritans who never grew up and will never have to take the responsibility to make their demands work. Their tactic is never to piggy-back Labor but to steal voters from it. They have helped Coalition governments stay in power doing just that.

Labor governments actually do things other than transfer wealth from the collective to private pockets. That is not to say they are perfect or anything approaching it. They too are still beholden to fossil fuel interests. But they are far the lesser of two evils. One day, with a bit of confidence that will come from winning successive terms, they may even shift back to being a centre-left party from their current centre-right.

By the way, young voters are overwhelmingly lefties. They understand that we're all in this together. They see their future under existential threat. They want governments to do something.

The Right is in big trouble. Well-deserved and hard-earned.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I tell you what's criminal ,when you have a state government that blows the budget on nearly every project they do .
We are talking Billions ,which isn't his money it's our money.
The state has a massive debt,who do you think will be paying it off.

What sort of society have we become,when labourers from a certain union involved in Andrews projects ,earn more than a GP,,200k a year for a labourer what a *smile* joke.
What has Andrews done for country area's ,nothing but band aids,the only time you hear from Teflon Dan is before a election,and then he goes back to his city centric projects.
1. Actually the budgets are not almost always exceeded. There are thousands of projects that get delivered on budget all over the state, we only hear about the ones that don’t.
2. I don’t like the level of our debt but the fallacy is that government debt has to be paid off. Almost every government in the world lives with debt and the government debt levels in Australia are generally far lower than comparable countries. That someone has to pay it back is just not true, the debt has to be serviced not paid back. The problem we have as a country is that we went for years not investing in infrastructure and we have a massive backlog both federally and at a state level and that includes regional and rural investment.
3. I agree on the power of some unions, especially in the construction space. The CFMEU is a disgrace and is a massive handbrake to proper construction development in this country. I have posted frequently about the reliance of the ALP on Union money being a problem for it being a true social Democratic Party.
We value work inconsistently across the whole country and we don’t value many key people enough, starting with teachers, aged care workers and the list goes on. Not sure that is Dan’s fault alone, it is embedded all over the country and has been for a long time.
4. To say we don’t hear from Dan outside elections is beyond ridiculous. You must have been asleep when he stood up about 100 days in a row during COVID. Like him or loathe him he never shirked that responsibility.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
So being disliked is a crime? You said he'd committed crimes.

I don't have rose-coloured glasses on when it comes to Labor. I email my local federal member regularly expressing variations of "wtf are you doing?". It's just that the alternative governments both federally and state are so inept, so in denial, so stupid, nasty, ignorant, cynical, bought-and-paid-for fossil fuel whores with no plan, no vision, no heart, no brains and no guts. They are useless.

The Greens are a bunch of petulant, entitled, deluded, student politician puritans who never grew up and will never have to take the responsibility to make their demands work. Their tactic is never to piggy-back Labor but to steal voters from it. They have helped Coalition governments stay in power doing just that.

Labor governments actually do things other than transfer wealth from the collective to private pockets. That is not to say they are perfect or anything approaching it. They too are still beholden to fossil fuel interests. But they are far the lesser of two evils. One day, with a bit of confidence that will come from winning successive terms, they may even shift back to being a centre-left party from their current centre-right.

By the way, young voters are overwhelmingly lefties. They understand that we're all in this together. They see their future under existential threat. They want governments to do something.

The Right is in big trouble. Well-deserved and hard-earned.
Morrison got more votes than Albo,but preferences got him in,the majority of preferences came from the Greens.
As for fossil fuels,well until they come up with a constant power alternative,they are here to stay,it's as simple as that,no matter what the left wing Labor party say .

I can tell you a lot of young people didn't like the excessive lock downs ,they aren't worried about all this noise about climate change.
How many products do you have thats made in China or India,they are the biggest polluters in the world,if you have solar panels ,were are they from.
How many products do you have in your home are made from fossil fuels,,batteries have fossil fuels ,solar panels have components made from fossil fuels.

Sometimes reality gets masked...The hole is getting bigger for Labor and the Greens

• Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
1. Actually the budgets are not almost always exceeded. There are thousands of projects that get delivered on budget all over the state, we only hear about the ones that don’t.
2. I don’t like the level of our debt but the fallacy is that government debt has to be paid off. Almost every government in the world lives with debt and the government debt levels in Australia are generally far lower than comparable countries. That someone has to pay it back is just not true, the debt has to be serviced not paid back. The problem we have as a country is that we went for years not investing in infrastructure and we have a massive backlog both federally and at a state level and that includes regional and rural investment.
3. I agree on the power of some unions, especially in the construction space. The CFMEU is a disgrace and is a massive handbrake to proper construction development in this country. I have posted frequently about the reliance of the ALP on Union money being a problem for it being a true social Democratic Party.
We value work inconsistently across the whole country and we don’t value many key people enough, starting with teachers, aged care workers and the list goes on. Not sure that is Dan’s fault alone, it is embedded all over the country and has been for a long time.
4. To say we don’t hear from Dan outside elections is beyond ridiculous. You must have been asleep when he stood up about 100 days in a row during COVID. Like him or loathe him he never shirked that responsibility.
When total project budgets as a collective, get blown out by 10 of billions of dollars ,you have to ask questions,and there has to be accountability ,and future projects being under valued by 10's of billions of dollars ,then you start getting worried.
We are talking about a state of Australia,not the country as a whole,of course we pay for the debt thats what taxes are for,and you will be paying 2cents a kilometre on any future Ev .

What regional and Rural projects are back logged in Victoria,pre election .

Yes we heard from Teflon Dan during covid ,as we did from the pm and every other premier in Australia ,lm talking about in normal circumstances.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Didn’t we just see in the UK what happens when everyone doesn’t believe a government can’t service its debts. Chaos. Thinking you can just borrow and service comes with risk as I’m sure we will see in the Australian housing market.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Didn’t we just see in the UK what happens when everyone doesn’t believe a government can’t service its debts. Chaos. Thinking you can just borrow and service comes with risk as I’m sure we will see in the Australian housing market.
That is manipulating what I said. Of course debt has to be serviced and there is a level of debt that is too much to service but the level that the majority of governments have as a percentage of their revenue and of their GDP is much more than we have here.
You are assuming I am saying we just borrow and borrow and service the debt and that is not what I said at all.
I was addressing the myth that every government’s debt has to be paid back as if some time in the future we will be debt free is just wrong. You could count the number of economies that are debt free on one hand

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Morrison got more votes than Albo,but preferences got him in,the majority of preferences came from the Greens.
Tell me you don't understand how preferential voting works without telling me you don't understand how preferential voting works. We got the government the majority of Australians wanted. It was only close because of the media's cheerleading for the Coalition and complete unwillingness to report on Morrison and co's graft and corruption. And it wasn't even that close.

As for alternatives to fossil fuels, they're here, mate. Fossil fuels are going the way of the dinosaurs they're made from, and quickly. Even with beholden governments subsidising coal and oil, the market is speaking loudly and clearly, and that will only accelerate.

• Dislike