Victoria v All Stars | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Victoria v All Stars

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Was there a limit on how many players a club could have?

leaving Grimes out made no sense.
Rance would have played.
and Vlastuin lambert and Prestia deserve more respect.
Having listened to both Dimma and Longmire speak, I think they agreed not to go over the top once the criteria was altered by Gilligan. Still needed to have at least 1 from every club.
Yeah, Grimes on Cameron was still a bit of a no brainer!
This is David King hindsight territory ... out Lynch in Grimes.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Oh and I don't know if it made the TV but at the pre-match ceremony Dangerfield stood in the power ranger stance while Hardwick and Cotchin pissed themselves.

I was in tears as well, funniest thing I've seen on the ground. I was completely wrong about the bloke being a tosser, he is a legend.
From one extreme to another just for that?

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
They initially had a limit of three per club but they relaxed it towards the end

This artificial formula for selecting the Vic team is one big reason why I can't get interested in the "Big V" bulldust - or State of Origin.
It's all very well for some to talk about the pride in wearing the Big V - but some blokes only got one by way of this sharing the load formula. It doesn't necessarily mean they were in the he best 18 or 22 (or 25 or whatever it was). And blokes who actually deserve one were ineligible.
The game was exhibition no bruise fake footy and thankfully none of our blokes got hurt.
But geez I hope we don't have another catastrophe that requires this type of fundraising again.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Looked to me like Richmond used the opportunity to showcase what a destination club we.

How many more enquiries from player agents will Richmond get, asking how their player can get to Richmond?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
This artificial formula for selecting the Vic team is one big reason why I can't get interested in the "Big V" bulldust - or State of Origin.

Even as someone whose chief interest in state games was seeing the Richmond players come through unscathed, this match was a near-travesty of State of Origin. It was an exhibition game and should be seen in that light. In cricket it wouldn't be considered a first class match.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Talent wise, no argument but has he the temperament to slot into the Tigers philosophy?
I watched Toby G closely as he and Dusty seemed to really get on well. Can't help but think he might hero worship the great man somewhat. They would have a little in common. If Toby wanted to return to Melbourne, I'm sure he'd love to play next to Dusty.
They combined well. He just needs to mature further.

Reactions: 1 users

Darth Tiger

The Sash is Back
Nov 24, 2004
Victoria
Greene has heaps of talent and I just don't understand his antics, he just doesn't need to do that crap. If you could coach that out of him he would be great.

DS
Unfortunately if you have been dunked in the *smile* well it lasts for life.
Just like Obelixes potion.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I watched Toby G closely as he and Dusty seemed to really get on well. Can't help but think he might hero worship the great man somewhat. They would have a little in common. If Toby wanted to return to Melbourne, I'm sure he'd love to play next to Dusty.
They combined well. He just needs to mature further.
Thinking the same

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
If you watch a lotta VFL games you get opinions and you want to see them tested. Lambert? Broad? Bolton? Soldo? Forgotten?

You wanna see Marlion Picket in a game at AFL level. Over five more. Is he real?

There is AFL seniors. A realm in which theories can be measured. How did Lambert come up? Markov?

At each regular level experiments are underway.

What if there were a level above AFL? A realm in which the elite of that level could be tested? Should they be promoted?

A laboratory?

That would be a state game.

Who should be promoted?