Victoria v All Stars | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Victoria v All Stars

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
Yeah ya right there @caesar and with the pies apparently having 5 involved it'll make for some pretty interesting matchups...... our youth v their youth.

Fox footy can have Adam Treloar cast his expert eye over 'em;)
is it possible that Eddie organised this as part of his package ?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Think it’s a great fundraiser, however imho state of origin means sfa in today’s footy , obviously injuries can happen at anytime , however don’t want to risk our players in this novelty when they could be getting game time with there young teammates

Mate why so negative, just as likely to get injured on your dodgy ground in Wang :Das playing in State game.

Reactions: 1 user

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
The one thing I'm jealous of the NRL for is the passion that they have over SOO matches. I'd love to see that back in the AFL.

Imagine watching Victoria's best 22 players play with intent for something that mattered. It would be something to behold.

That is all NRL has going for it. note all of the empty seating on the small NRL grounds in their H&A games in contrast to the SOO packed houses.

A good crowd at the NRL is about 10-15 thousand, in the AFL a good crowd is 50-60 thousand.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I don't hate it, I love it!
I should have phrased that as 'some' supporters hate it @caesar ..... I'm actually going, firstly to support the cause and secondly to see some of the best go head to head.
Like everyone else I'll be hoping no one from any club gets injured.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Mate why so negative, just as likely to get injured on your dodgy ground in Wang :Das playing in State game.
You wash your mouth out :)).
Other then it been an outstanding fundraiser for a great cause , it just means nothing to me , proves nothing , it’s not like a vfl side playing an SANFL side . Club footy mate that’s all it’s about , the other stuff is bordering on a gimmick to me now . In saying that if the boys want to play good luck to them

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Gee, some nervous nellies on here.

At this time of year you've got guys as healthy as they can be playing scratch matches with young guys trying to win spots in the side. Match sims and the Marsh Cup are a much bigger risk.

A bit surprised to see Cotchin in, Grimes must have a niggle.
Rance going out in R1 was enough to make me paranoid. Anything could happen. Admittedly, watching Lynch throw his body around last season still made me nervous something bad was gonna happen.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Dangerfield should not be in that side. Has to be one of the most overated players ive seen in my time. Butcher of the highest order.

Reactions: 3 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Cameron is in the All Stars team.
Grimes should've been selected for victoria

I think it was a case of we cant put more than 6 richmond players in,

If they were fair dinkum , first defender picked on recent form