Victoria v All Stars | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Victoria v All Stars

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Went last night. ... had a Geelong fan in my ear bagging every Richmond player who went near the ball:rolleyes:

Decided to listen to the ABC commentary. ..... Be interested to know if anyone else heard Mick Malthouse and his assessment of Fyfe as a footballer?

Called him a very good player. Certainly not elite. Said his kicking is disgraceful. All the elite are fantastic kicks and asked would you want Fyfe kicking from 40 out to win you a game!

Made the point a number of times that the best players to have ever played never won a Brownlow, Matthews Carey, Bartlett (should have said Royce too!)

Said he didn’t want to denigrate the award as blokes like Skilton who was a champion won 3. Got the impression he doesn't rate how it's voted on.

Also said the big blokes usually take longer to get their touch back early in the season when talking about Lynch.
As for Hawkins, reckons he didn't play well after round 15 and will be interested to see how he's going after round 6. Can't bend over and said he wonders if time is catching up to him! Doesn't know why they recruited Jenkins!

As for the game itself...... hmmm, It made me realise how emotionally invested I am in my own club!

Our blokes... Cotch and Dusty were great. I was on level 3, in front, smack bang looking down the middle of the ground and the amount of times Dusty was free and calling for it was ridiculous.
Apparently gave Bont the bird at one point when he wouldn't rotate... (so they said on the radio)
Thought Shane was ok early. Jack was in entertainment mode and completely unselfish. Bachar solid... kept mixing him and Saad up. Tom, extremely rusty! Let's hope he’s better for the run!

If you aren't at least a very good kick you aren't a great. And Fyfe is rubbish. Agree on Hawkins and am still predicting a Geel slide. Thought GWS might slide but changed mind. With Cognilio Kelly at full bore will be hard to beat.
If SOO is only going to be a charity game with no blood on the floor every couple years is enough.
That was boring as *smile*. Dusty bog lmao. That was about one of top 10 worst Richmond games. It's a pity we don't have what NRL SOO is but tough titty.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Went last night. ... had a Geelong fan in my ear bagging every Richmond player who went near the ball:rolleyes:

As for Hawkins, reckons he didn't play well after round 15 and will be interested to see how he's going after round 6. Can't bend over and said he wonders if time is catching up to him! Doesn't know why they recruited Jenkins!
Shoulda just thumped the Geelol fan n made your night extra enjoyable.
Good points on Tommyhawk, he's had a fairly dodgy back at times over the years, so yep it's lead n mark or not much else most games. As for Jenkins, they got him for cheap insurance n the Crowbaits were just glad to be rid of him, oh plus Dangerflog really really likes him n poor Geelol don't want to upset their precious in any way.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
We have changed so much as a club in the last 7 years that winning a cup and having a player judged best afield is almost becoming par for course.
Yes it is becoming very common but I reckon our efforts are putting RFC at about 10 under at least. No serious challengers on the horizon.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Shoulda just thumped the Geelol fan n made your night extra enjoyable.
Good points on Tommyhawk, he's had a fairly dodgy back at times over the years, so yep it's lead n mark or not much else most games. As for Jenkins, they got him for cheap insurance n the Crowbaits were just glad to be rid of him, oh plus Dangerflog really really likes him n poor Geelol don't want to upset their precious in any way.
And how long will the Crows hang onto Tex? How did he make the All Star side?

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Nice trifecta:
Dusty B.O.G
Dimma and Cotch receiving the cup.
Normal transmission.

Loved Anthony Hudson’s comment. Dimma and Cotch are holding a cup and Dusty has a medal around his neck, nothing’s changed since September!

Most of the older commentators got so used to making ninth jokes that they still think they are on Bizarro World.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
If you aren't at least a very good kick you aren't a great. And Fyfe is rubbish. Agree on Hawkins and am still predicting a Geel slide. Thought GWS might slide but changed mind. With Cognilio Kelly at full bore will be hard to beat.
If SOO is only going to be a charity game with no blood on the floor every couple years is enough.
That was boring as **. Dusty bog lmao. That was about one of top 10 worst Richmond games. It's a pity we don't have what NRL SOO is but tough titty.
Because NRL is an Eastern Aus game so the traditional NSW v Q game still has a lot at stake and is treated as more important by the players than their club involvement. So they go in hard with no thought of injury or missing club games. AFL players could never achieve that attitude now like they did in Teddy Whitten's time. We have interstate matches every week and there is much more money at stake for players if they miss club games after playing in a SOO clash. It is great for players to be recognised as excellent players by making the teams and the exhibition of attacking football with little tackling is a great sight but that's all it's ever going to be. Not a true exhibition of attack and defence which you only get in big games during the AFL season. About every 2 years as a preseason game is fine, would not work as a mid-season exhibition due to club commitments and/or mid-season break.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
With winning the medal last night, is there anything Dusty is eligible for (excluding the Coleman) as a Richmond player that he hasn’t actually won?

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Probably being a bit too negative, but a couple of big name players looked around amongst their peers.

Hawkins and Blizacs(?) were both below the level. Hawkins looks past it. As does Tex, but nothing new there.

Sicily skills below the level.

Sidebottom average skills.

Game was a bit too quick for Bachar

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
With winning the medal last night, is there anything Dusty is eligible for (excluding the Coleman) as a Richmond player that he hasn’t actually won?
Pretty sure he was robbed of the rising star in his first year, due to a *smile* suspension.
Could have the full set of medals.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I think the footballing world will be a little more intimidated by Richmond after witnessing the comradery, unselfishness first hand and seeing them casually hold the cup etc. there was a real difference in attitude between the tigers Players and the other solo performers

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I think the footballing world will be a little more intimidated by Richmond after witnessing the comradery, unselfishness first hand and seeing them casually hold the cup etc. there was a real difference in attitude between the tigers Players and the other solo performers
And the coach.

Although I suspect they will be too busy being salty.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We should give Haynes an offer he can't refuse.

And for all the hate greene gets from opposition supporters I would love him in a tigers jumper.

Reactions: 5 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
We should give Haynes an offer he can't refuse.

And for all the hate greene gets from opposition supporters I would love him in a tigers jumper.

Agree with both. Haynes would slip perfectly into our mobile, rebounding defence.

Reactions: 1 users