Vision Impaired Tiger Fans? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Vision Impaired Tiger Fans?

tigereyes82

Tiger Cub
Feb 6, 2011
Hi All

My father, a youthful 63 year old tiger for life, has recently lost his vision under quite tragic circumstances. It happened rapidly and without warning and he, and our family, are now doing our best to adjust to our new lifestyle. Although he has been a devoted RFC member for many years, his confidence is very low and he is adament his days of going to the footy are now all but over.

I'm doing all I can to try and reverse this sentiment - given Dimma and the boys are destined for big things in 2011 and beyond :clap - and was curious as to whether any posters on PRE are/know of other tiger fanatics out there who may suffer from some sort of vision impairment. If so, I would be grateful if you could contact me here with a view to setting up a coffee or phone chat so that my father may (1) have a chance to hear others' stories re: their impairment and share his own story and (2) talk footy generally and become inspired to head along to see the tigers play in 2011 and beyond.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
Welcome to PRE and sorry for your Dad's loss. I have no experience but I reckon sitting amongst the RFC faithful with the radio broadcast in one ear would be nearly as good as an experience as the average attendee would have. The sounds and smells and general feeling have always impressed me more than simply the visuals at the footy.

Best of luck to you, your Dad and your family.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Welcome to PRE tigereyes. Also sorry to hear about your dad's loss of sight. Hopefully his other senses will heighten and he'll still feel the passion. I don't know of anyone in a similar situation but it might be a good idea to contact the club. Your Dad might like to go in the rooms before or after a game and hear, feel and smell the atmosphere.