WAFL Grandfinal roundup | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WAFL Grandfinal roundup

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Claremont are WAFL premiers for 2011. In a harder game than the final margin would suggest, Claremont pulled away in the last qtr with better fitness to win by 63 points. It was the Tigers 11th WAFL senior flag, hopefully an omen for us.

Claremont 19.13 - 127
Subiaco 9.10 - 64

While Beau Wilkes was awarded the Simpson medal for BOG, former Tiger Alroy Gilligan was very unlucky. Gilligan was superb, kicking 3 goals straight and being brilliant all day with 17 disposals, 6 tackles and 7 inside 50s. Surely will get a call up to AFL for next season.

Some other game notes:

Tom Swift, currently on the Eagles list and rated the best 16 year old he had ever seen by Michael Voss, was poor. Lacks penetration in his kicks and too often misses a target. Got caught a lot today, and by god I hope we don't look at him because the Eagles look set to move him on.

Beau Wilkes was very good in attack and is likely GWS bound. Will be a good get for them to. Nice size and agression, and a good set shot for goal.

Ex-Docker Byron Schammer is not a shadow of the footballer he once was, which isn't really saying much. Got a lot of the footy, but was about as scary as the tooth fairy.

Garrick Weedon, on the Eagles list, played well and colected a nice trifecta of premiership medallions. Two years ago he won a Colts medal, then last year played in Claremont's winning reserves side.

Kane Mitchell has been invivted to state screening, meaning at least one AFL club wants to have a look at him. But undersized, but gee he has a go. Played today with very sore ribs but was in the best players for the Tigers with 27 touches, 8 tackles and 5 inside 50s.

And finally, Michael Rix, who I believe played at Coburg, missed today's game with a bad knee injury and has retired. Des Headland also played his last game today. Both were Subiaco players.

Claremont we aiming for flags in all 3 grades today, and duly won the reserves but missed out on the Colts title.

Joe Lynn Turnip

Tiger Superstar
Nov 8, 2009
GO WAFL RICHMOND!!! :happy :cupgold :happy

Burough's & Claremont double - top day! :cupgold

So the little buddy starred eh? Surely not another one that got away...though he certainly didn't look like it the Foxtel Cup...