WANTED: TETLEY OR ESSO TIGER JUMPER | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WANTED: TETLEY OR ESSO TIGER JUMPER

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
(Rosie - sorry if I have put this post in the wrong place).

My old trusty jumper has gone to heaven and so I am looking for a good condition man size late 70's/early 80's sleeveless jumper with either the Esso or Tetley sponsor on it. I am prepared to pay good money for it and also to make a donation to the Bushfire Appeal of the same amount again.

Please message me if you can help. Just can't bring myself to wear those shiny new ones.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
There's one on e-bay LLH...size mens small Link

P.S. it is in the wrong spot but I sympathise with your plight so will allow a day or two grace. :hihi

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I tried finding one to add to my collection but they are hard to find. That one on eBay is not the real deal either. I wanted one of the yellow training jumpers with "ESSO" across the chest.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I've got one (Wayne) Hernaman, and in pristeen condition too. Been worn once or twice only.
Just can't give it up though. Brings back good memories of around the 1980 era when we were kings of the jungle.
Could be worth some good coin in future years but I just can't give it up!

Also found a size14 bright yellow Tee shirt with an action shot of KB on it versus Footscray. Shows Kb streaming forward with another Richmond guy with long hair (don't know who it is) shepherding what looks like Terry Wheeler from KB. Also shows more Footscray players in background and I think Alan Edwards in the distance.

Amazing what you can find tucked away in draws!

julie

Tiger Rookie
Aug 6, 2005
HI. I was walking down Smith St, Collingwood the other day and popped into a Collectors shop. I did notice they had old style jumper's the woolen one's. Sorry i can't remember what badge's they had on them. Interesting shop. Maybe you could give them a call.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I still have an Esso training top. I wore it for one of the PRE games... it's a little tight now and if I had muscles it might qualify as a muscle top. :hihi

Not willing to part with it though.

tiges

Tiger Superstar
Apr 16, 2007
other than jumpers, was wondering what do people think a 1980 premiership team signed richmond football would be worth ? in a glass case mint condition.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Used to have a Tetley training jumper, the yellow one.

Wore it into the ground at training during the early 70s.

Guess it's gone to the gods now.

Skills

Tiger Champion
Apr 19, 2004
Inner City
tiges said:
other than jumpers, was wondering what do people think a 1980 premiership team signed richmond football would be worth ? in a glass case mint condition.

See if you can find the "lace up" version worn by Jess, Smith, Bartlett, Malthouse, Flea, Lee, Andy Preston....

Long Lost Hernaman

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 19, 2007
Thanks for the responses and reminiscinces about your own gear. Its a small and greatly sentimental part of being part of this great club - your trusty jumper, dufflecoat, trading card or whatever holds great memories.

I will keep looking. Go tiges!

TheBigDog

The Champ is here!!
Nov 8, 2004
Melbourne
I had a black Esso traning jumper as a teenager, I used to wear it when I trained for the local team......memories, of the way we were.