Warne out of the World Cup | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Warne out of the World Cup

H

hackes3

Not footy related, but breaking news.

Shane Warne has taken a medication (diuretic) that is on the ICC's banned list, and subsequently he is out of the World Cup. Which means of course that his one-day career is over, effective immediately. He took the medication to assist with the recovery of his shoulder.

A

admin

Amazing stuff hackes. There are a few comments relating Warney posted on the general board.
Dr Peter Larkin said on the news that the drug was a diuretic (sp?) that was often used to flush other drugs out of the system.
Apparently Warney said he took it for weight loss.
I haven't heard the press conference yet, has anyone else heard what was said?.

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
From what i caught of the press conference warne had denied that he had taken any performance enhancing drugs now or at any point in his career.

The drug at the centre of the controversy was a dehydrating tablet and was taken prior to the VB finals in sydney. The results of a subsequent test (A )sample showed that he had taken a banned substance.

Warne will head back to melbourne where he will face a hearing into the allegations .(date as yet to be set) and if found guilty will face an automatic 2 year ban.....which will be the end of his career.

The ACB has informed the ICC about these events and has put forward a request for a replacement player.....wait and see i guess.