Warney banned for 12 months | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Warney banned for 12 months

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
But he's going to appeal. I can't see the ACB changing their decision though.

A

admin

I don't know why Shane would bother to appeal, though I didn't read what his exact charge was.
He admitted taking the tablet though. It would have to be the height of stupidity if nothing else to take a drug without checking first.
There will always be questions hanging over him as to why he took it, but the fact is it is illegal for whatever reason.
With all the info available there would be no excuse for an elite sportsperson to be so stupid.
He should cop the punishment on the chin, like Charlesey did imo.

A

admin

On another matter of punishment handed out, I was wondering peoples opinions on the Matty Allen/Carlton punishments.

Have the league gone soft on them because they think the Blues have copped enough already?

I wonder if similar punishment be handed out to any other team caught in that situation that didn't have Carltons other penalties already in place?

It seems to me they all got off pretty lightly in this case.