Was anyone there for the aftermatch incident at the Richmond Social Club where.. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Was anyone there for the aftermatch incident at the Richmond Social Club where..

wagstaff

Tiger Cub
Mar 10, 2003
Melbourne
a fight almost broke out on the ground floor?

Richmond supporters were understandably celebrating and whooping it up, dancing to songs that the DJ was playing after the side's great win.

Suddenly in between songs, a person comes up and grabs the mike and says something along the lines of 'Essendon players are much tougher and Richmond is soft'. Presumably, this guy did it as a dare.

He goes off to a corner and about a minute later, a couple of Richmond supporters decide to confront him and start pushing him around. One clipped him on the face and it looked like it was going to get completely out of control - only the intervention of other fans stopped an almost certain fight from ensuing.

A few minutes later, another Richmond supporter pushed him and it looked again as if a fight could break out. Needless to say the Essendon supporter looked rather shaken by both of these incidents.

The question has to be asked: Why would an Essendon supporter (or any supporter) be stupid enough to do such a thing. I notice that at these functions that there are usually a couple of people there in opposition colours, presumably there with friends.

Even if I was with friends, I wouldn't be caught dead going to an after-match function of opposition supporters in my club colours - with the added ingredient of grog its just asking for trouble.

Was anyone else there when this incident occurred?

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Re:Was anyone there for the aftermatch incident at the Richmond Social Club wher

No problem with opposition supporters turning up with friends to put some cash in our coffers, but if they are stupid enough to conduct themselves in the manner outlined above well what do they expect........

Makes me laugh that there really are people that stupid if that is the case.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Re:Was anyone there for the aftermatch incident at the Richmond Social Club wher

I got no problems with him being there at all, i think it is great, but it is just *smile* stupid to do what he did and i think he deserved to get thumped. Just plain ridiculous.