Watch Maurice Jnr NTFL 30 Nov 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Watch Maurice Jnr NTFL 30 Nov 2019

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Am I the only one getting tired of people saying a draftee plays or looks like a Richmond man? Seen it applied a lot lately by many posters.
Not sure what this actually means? I understand the club’s interpretation of it and it applies to certain values and character traits. Not sure you can apply it to a playing style or a haircut on first glance so maybe we should use the term more sparingly?
Good luck with that DA he’s Maurice Riolis son. I was being a little cheeky with term but I was encouraged to use it as he showed specific traits that our club seem to value. I imagine he’s getting advice and feedback from Daniel and the club but I have no idea really.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Sorry about that mis-info haven't watched it yet, I took 'jokershoppe's word as gospel' that MRJ was BOG, a good game nonetheless

If he was BOG I would have drafted him.
3rd? Not good enough. Maybe rookie if he is still there

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Imagine the meltdown from the media when the back to back premiers take a top 10 talent and the son of a great with a couple of picks in the 40's and 50's

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
Am I the only one getting tired of people saying a draftee plays or looks like a Richmond man? Seen it applied a lot lately by many posters.
Not sure what this actually means? I understand the club’s interpretation of it and it applies to certain values and character traits. Not sure you can apply it to a playing style or a haircut on first glance so maybe we should use the term more sparingly?
I think a Richmond man/woman is somebody that upholds the values that have been instilled in them.

Rod

Tiger Superstar
Aug 3, 2003
Bruswick West
Hoping we can trade out of the 1st round at least next year.
Package up to get an extra 1st rounder in 2021.
Guarantee another club will put an early bid on him.
In any case, just really hope he develops well and becomes a great AFL player.

Trade next years first rounder for a first rounder the following year.... use those two first rounders to get Tom Green when he comes out of his initial 2 year contract

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Voted 3rd best in the match.

Now, after finally watching the full game I wouldn't have had MRJ in my top three although not a bad game, would still like to see a bit more running in his game, does seem to have slimmed ever so slightly in the caboose region though.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I can't see a team making a bid for a player they didn't rate at that pick just to keep another team honest. It would be counter-productive to that team.

If Jnr doesn't start to blitz then he'll be there at our Rookie pick but I don't know if FS priority stretches to the rookie list. At worst we'd give a throw away last pick just to secure him before the rookie draft.

We owe it to Maurice to give Jnr a crack at AFL.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Now, after finally watching the full game I wouldn't have had MRJ in my top three although not a bad game, would still like to see a bit more running in his game, does seem to have slimmed ever so slightly in the caboose region though.
geez mate, you are hard on those Rioli boys :D

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I can't see a team making a bid for a player they didn't rate at that pick just to keep another team honest. It would be counter-productive to that team.

If Jnr doesn't start to blitz then he'll be there at our Rookie pick but I don't know if FS priority stretches to the rookie list. At worst we'd give a throw away last pick just to secure him before the rookie draft.

We owe it to Maurice to give Jnr a crack at AFL.
i believe it does as Port drafted Peter Burgoynes son as a rookie FS pick last week:.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
i believe it does as Port drafted Peter Burgoynes son as a rookie FS pick last week:.

Yes according to the rules you can select them onto your rookie list prior to the commencement of the rookie draft.

Subject to Rule 8.8(b), where an eligible Father/Son Player has been nominated in accordance with Rule 8.4(b) and is not selected at a National Draft or PreSeason Draft Selection Meeting, the Club with whom he is eligible as a 57 Father/Son Player may include him on its Rookie List prior to the Rookie Draft Selection Meeting in accordance with Rule 10.4.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So we can match or nominate in either draft which is handy.

What did the Lions do wrong this draft? We stole two academy players, Essendon took Lachlan Johnson who the Lions wanted in the Rookie draft.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
So we can match or nominate in either draft which is handy.

What did the Lions do wrong this draft? We stole two academy players, Essendon took Lachlan Johnson who the Lions wanted in the Rookie draft.

Kudos to Brisbane for having a great academy. Time will tell.