Watched | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Watched

There are various settings in regard to posters who've come under moderator attention for some reason. Could be things like swearing, abuse, flaming, harassment, posting inappropriate content etc.

The lowest level is "watched". If further transgressions occur it could be raised to "moderated" in which case posts need moderating for a certain period. It automatically decreases each day until it cancels out. More serious concerns, and refusal to abide by moderators requests,goes to "sit in the corner" which requires all posts to be approved by the mods before publishing. It doesn't decrease each day like "moderated" does. It's a good system that came with the SMF upgrade.

In the past posters might have been suspended or banned but this way they have the opportunity to continue contributing while the mods can ensure posts don't breach the posting guidelines.

rosy3/23 said:
There are various settings in regard to posters who've come under moderator attention for some reason. Could be things like swearing, abuse, flaming, harassment, posting inappropriate content etc.

The lowest level is "watched". If further transgressions occur it could be raised to "moderated" in which case posts need moderating for a certain period. It automatically decreases each day until it cancels out. More serious concerns, and refusal to abide by moderators requests,goes to "sit in the corner" which requires all posts to be approved by the mods before publishing. It doesn't decrease each day like "moderated" does. It's a good system that came with the SMF upgrade.

In the past posters might have been suspended or banned but this way they have the opportunity to continue contributing while the mods can ensure posts don't breach the posting guidelines.

So just to clarify, and I appreciate why I am "Sitting in the Corner" - but is there any guidelines of how long before Mods consider cancelling this level for a poster, or is it a case of once sitting in the corner, always to be sitting in the corner.

Not trying to start conflict here, just enquiring how long it may be for me at this level.

regards

'Sit In The Corner' is an indefinite setting that doesn't reduce automatically with time. It could be removed manually at the Mods discretion but considering it was used as a last resort for whatever reason that's probably not likely to happen too often.