watching computer to tv | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

watching computer to tv

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
i've finally got around to working out how to get my computer to show on the tv...i only bought the cord 12 months ago. :hihi

just wondering if there's a setting so the task and address bars don't appear on the telly. i find them distracting but i suppose when i actually watch something i'll get used to them if they can't be removed.

rosy23 said:
i've finally got around to working out how to get my computer to show on the tv...i only bought the cord 12 months ago. :hihi

just wondering if there's a setting so the task and address bars don't appear on the telly. i find them distracting but i suppose when i actually watch something i'll get used to them if they can't be removed.
I also tried getting rid of the task bars but not being an IT expert I gave up. I found it easy to mentally tune out the task bars when watch the games on my TV and to be honest I may have shifted them and not noticed. I am just happy that my membership allows me to watch games every week from the comfort of my home.

Are you talking about watching things in an internet browser? If you are try hitting "F11"

i haven't watched anything yet. thought i'd watch an episode of breaking bad one of these days. i'll try the f11 thanks. :)

I have double checked my laptop to TV set up and with using an HDMI link it works fine without any taskbars etc. Don't forget that you may have to set up the TV as well but look on the internet and that tells you how. If your TV and laptop plus software is pretty new then it may do it automatically. Have fun

I just purchased a 10m HDMI cable to connect my new whizz bang pc to the tv - I also have it hooked up via ethernet to the PS3 which acts as a media centre as well.

Anyway, the HDMI is awesome - allows me to watch AFL replays on the big tv from AFL.com at decent quality.

The best thing is the NBA League Pass - fair dinkum BluRay picture quality NBA action on the big screen - love it!