We can't hide from the fact we have a discipline problem | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

We can't hide from the fact we have a discipline problem

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
I wonder what happened out there? Did we get mouthy after that first poor decision against Flossy? Did the umps then keep picking out ways to ping us? Show us who is boss? Brisbane started to chirp, and instigated a few scuffles at opportune times which the umps duly penalised us for?

Dunno but it sure looked as though we were being targeted out there.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Free kicks?

It was a long time ago. I'd only just made the starters. Back pocket for the legendary Northcote Bodhisattvas.

Gautama was full back. Playing it down. Pigsy was playing small the other side.

Anyway back in those days we didn't have goalposts, just the toes of the Buddha. They were really fat so we didn't need padding. Gautama was an oppositional, snivelling mongrel. Couldn't he whinge for a free? The finest full back I have ever seen.

I was by the pinky of the Boodhah, watching the freekick posing of Gautama. He got eight touches in a losing side, all frees. We were *smile* robbed all game. Of course we got done by the Agnes Court Missionaries.

And you wanna tell us about free kicks?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
No, it was a question, too subtle for you?

DS
you mentioned the ethnicity of the two tigers and wondered what had been said to make them react so strongly. The unsubtle connection I made was that you thought they may have been racially abused.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I wonder what happened out there? Did we get mouthy after that first poor decision against Flossy? Did the umps then keep picking out ways to ping us? Show us who is boss? Brisbane started to chirp, and instigated a few scuffles at opportune times which the umps duly penalised us for?

If I was Brisbane I would "target' the opposition too. Hope you don't think we were bullied. They served up some of the Lynch medicine to us and we couldn't handle it on the night.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Free kicks?

It was a long time ago. I'd only just made the starters. Back pocket for the legendary Northcote Bodhisattvas.

Anyway back in those days we didn't have goalposts, just the toes of the Buddha. They were really fat so we didn't need padding. Gautama was an oppositional, snivelling mongrel. Couldn't he whinge for a free? The finest full back I have ever seen.

I was by the pinky of the Boodhah, watching the freekick posing of Gautama. He got eight touches in a losing side, all frees. We were *smile* robbed all game. Of course we got done by the Agnes Court Missionaries.

This is the truth

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia

That's why we have to tackle to hurt and crunch players wherever possible in marking contests. If we are going to give away frees with our style of play, then we should be making sure the oppos don't get up quickly.

Not advocating thuggery, just playing up to the way we will be umpired.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
you mentioned the ethnicity of the two tigers and wondered what had been said to make them react so strongly. The unsubtle connection I made was that you thought they may have been racially abused.

I asked the question, you treated my question as a statement.

DS

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Playing on the edge and being unsociable on the field I'm happy with. It's picking the right time to do it. Happy to give away a few free kicks here and there for being a little rough and stamping authority. When the game is in the balance and you have already given away a costly 50 then that's just dumb. Nothing tough about that. That's what we need to cut out. Happy for Lynchy to give ppl a head rub now and then.

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Tend to agree but Pickett did look mighty pissed off about something when he gave away the second 50, at the time I was wondering if something was said.

Don't really remember the first 50 and don't have a replay, but the second did look like an over-reaction from Marlion which I thought was strange.

DS
These 50s tend be when are under the pump. Need to eliminate this and the HTB.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Pretty sure the trigger happy reference was for the kicking away after a free. How are players supposed to know which was the free is going in a split second? Shai was entitled to have a ping at the goals if/when he heard the whistle if the umpires hadn't called out which way the free was going. No leniency or feel for the game these umps
I dont agree that a player can play on until they know who's free it is, they need to know before trying to take advantage. If he heard the whistle, then kicked it is 50.
As others have said tho, Dusty's was crazy, and Bolton's was pretty harsh, especially when then on a few occasions, Lions got a free, their teammate kept playing after the whistle, but were allowed to bring the ball back when tackled. I assume they were given the benefit of the doubt that they hadnt heard the whistle?

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
It's become an unfortunate trend that no holding the ball tackle is complete until you shove your opponent after the free is paid, and often even if you had no role in the tackle itself.

Annoys the hell out of me, next season they should reverse the kick the first 3 times it happens in round one and we won't see it again ever.
until the next week when they stop paying it and things go back to normal.
It's either a free kick or not, and should be the same all year. Then at the end of the year revisit and see if any adjustments need to be made.

The thing that annoys everyone, is that one day its a 50m and then next game or even next week its not. Remember all those 50m's we got in round 1 against the blues, i think there was like 4-5 in the 5m protected zone, then bang, next game that rule doesnt exist anymore yet players were still doing it.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
until the next week when they stop paying it and things go back to normal.
It's either a free kick or not, and should be the same all year. Then at the end of the year revisit and see if any adjustments need to be made.

The thing that annoys everyone, is that one day its a 50m and then next game or even next week its not. Remember all those 50m's we got in round 1 against the blues, i think there was like 4-5 in the 5m protected zone, then bang, next game that rule doesnt exist anymore yet players were still doing it.

That's exactly it. it's the massive discrepancy in the decision making by umpires in a game that's already grey.
I don't care if they're free kicks, 50m penalties or whatever...just be consistent during the game FFS.
Surely that's not too much to asK! :mad:

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Free kicks?

I doubt the veracity of this account as Siddhartha Gautama is in fact the Buddha and I can't see that guy staging for free kicks.

Perhaps it was before he attained enlightenment?

• Haha

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Young Parker is going to have half the side on nappy detail at this rate with the 50's epidemic.
How many so far?
Caddyshack and Dusty v Port
Chimpah himself V Ess?
Bolton
Pickett.
I missed a few others.
Can anyone actually recall how many since the Dimma statement?
Def attitude problem.

Reminds me of a Stallone line in Cobra.

His Boss: You know Cobretti, you've got an attitude problem!
Cobra: Yeah, but it's only a little one!

Lift your game Tiges and do a Delids on The Butler.