Weagles Game Day | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Weagles Game Day

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I saw a comment on a youtube video comments section from a west coast supporter ,

it wasnt fair they had to play us in QLD , they would have beaten us in perth :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I saw a comment on a youtube video comments section from a west coast supporter ,

it wasnt fair they had to play us in QLD , they would have beaten us in perth :)
Just as it wasn't fair we had to play them in QLD but we did and beat them anyway even off our own patch in Melbourne

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

They are obsessed with Perth, they must know they can't beat us in Melb, not even with a 5 goal head start....

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They are obsessed with Perth, they must know they can't beat us in Melb, not even with a 5 goal head start....
West coast wouldn't have a flag if they played anyone else on that day.
5 goals down, only Collingwood

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
West coast aren't good.
They are one team we need to slap on there own ground, to silence there supporters.
But who really cares? if Gilligan didn't give them the GF last year, they will never get it.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Got a lot do wth being the big dog in a 2 team town.
Especially when the second Dog seemigly has no obvious ambition to take the top spot and is happy enough to just sit over in its corner get a schmacko and an occasional bone thrown its way.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
West coast wouldn't have a flag if they played anyone else on that day.
5 goals down, only Collingwood
Yep they deride us for 2018 but our failure is what handed them the flag...................deep down they know it too.

I am happy that they did win it though it erased a shiit tonne of my pain, especially the way they snatched it in the dying minutes.

Reactions: 2 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I am happy that they did win it though it erased a shiit tonne of my pain, especially the way they snatched it in the dying minutes.

I watched that game again after we lost the first final against Brisbane. It really cheered me up.

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
West coast aren't good.
They are one team we need to slap on there own ground, to silence there supporters.
But who really cares? if Gilligan didn't give them the GF last year, they will never get it.
They are basically useless outside Perth anyway. A side considered a contender every yr that can't make the Prelim stage is overrated IMO

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yep they deride us for 2018 but our failure is what handed them the flag...................deep down they know it too.

Regardless i see 2018 no fonder then 1982. 2 dominate seasons without reward.
We were let down by Rance, he had a shocking 2 qtrs and totally cost that game.
Degoey was made to look like Carey and Rance was like johnny Manton.

Letsroar

Tiger Matchwinner
May 19, 2014
To me West Coast are an unbalanced side. With their tall forward structure the need a player who is good with the ground ball and can quickly turn from attack to defence and vice versa. Ie a Willie Rollie. Due to the conditions in Perth their tall structure can be more effective than elsewhere

I don’t regard Liam Ryan as a great ground ball player. A dynamic player who would be in the best 22 in any club but a different style to what I think they are missing

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Regardless i see 2018 no fonder then 1982. 2 dominate seasons without reward.
We were let down by Rance, he had a shocking 2 qtrs and totally cost that game.
Degoey was made to look like Carey and Rance was like johnny Manton.
What cost us that game was our goal kicking, we were simply outplayed & had kicked 2.8 to half time & were 5/6 goals down, that won't keep u in games let alone help u win them. Even being outplayed break even & we are 3 goals down while not being able to play any worse. the way the game played out we got back to within 22 pts, 2 quick goals the other way the game was over. kick straighter early & we may have got in front early in the last, that then becomes an entirely different game. As they say "bad kicking is bad footy".

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What cost us that game was our goal kicking, we were simply outplayed & had kicked 2.8 to half time & were 5/6 goals down, that won't keep u in games let alone help u win them. Even being outplayed break even & we are 3 goals down while not being able to play any worse. the way the game played out we got back to within 22 pts, 2 quick goals the other way the game was over. kick straighter early & we may have got in front early in the last, that then becomes an entirely different game. As they say "bad kicking is bad footy".
As they say, when Rance has stinkers (Jenkins, Dixon, Hogan, Waite) we usually lost.
He wasnt good against players that were good at contested marks. Jessie Hogan's best game is still the game against Rance.
Jenkins got an extra 4 yrs because his games against Rance and Waite would ring the AFL to see if North could play Richmond 10 times a year. Degoey out marked him in the goal square, that was the game.