Weagles Game Day | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Weagles Game Day

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Crucial game for our top 4 aspirations, given the draw the top 3 have.

West Coast's poor Queensland form is the big variable (and on the bookies seem to have noted in their pricing).

Lose this, and I think we can kiss top 4 goodbye as the Eagles still have a game in hand on us.

Reactions: 3 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I have set up our old, small telly next to the newer, better one.

Adjacent fragile items have been removed.

I have placed a brick within reach of my chair.

The old telly will be rendered inoperable if McGovern takes one totally uncontested intercept mark.

If their backs start intercepting stupid F50 bombs, we have learnt nothing.

I hope, however, to be pleasantly surprised.

And to still have a spare telly in working order.
You sound like an old mate of mine.

Years ago he was watching the Tattslotto draw on Saturday night and he had the first 5 numbers to come out. He stood there yelling for the 6th ball. He missed out by one number (needed 24 and out came 25).

He then put his foot through the TV. His winning ticket paid $500 and this was just enough to replace the TV he'd just smashed.

Oh, and he's a Tiger supporter too. :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
With another stupid bye before the GF , losing tonight and finishing 5th or 6th may not be the worst way to hit the finals

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
With another stupid bye before the GF , losing tonight and finishing 5th or 6th may not be the worst way to hit the finals

With Port, Lions and Weagles all looking top 4, a QF at either Perth or Adelaide is a strong possibility. If the AFL give Perth the GF, I reckon they will give the PFs to QLD. Hence finishing 5th to 8th isn't as bad a position as it usually is.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Yeah also give more game exposure to Edwards, Prestia and Astbury. All I'm hoping for is that we don't let WC get too big a win and no injuries. I'll take a win though!

Reactions: 1 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Weather predicted to be fine, but cool.

No wind will help Weagles kicking and marking game. Less chaos ball.

• Sad

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
The stillest, warmest (24?) day in a fortnight up here after the coldest night (5).

So i expect it still and chilly and a bit damp tonight back on our home deck, where we havnt played a bad game all year.

Still nights give me nightmares after the 2018 prelim :vomit

• Sad
  • Wow

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
They have a long tail: Brander, Williams, Reid, O'Neill and Rotham have played 21 games between them. Ah Chee is a state-leaguer. Cole and Duggan are bog-average. So is Hutchings and it's his first game for the year.

I have a sneaking suspicion our form is better than it looks. We've looked average when sh*t teams like Essendon and Gold Coast have flooded our forward line, but we also dominated those games, and we pistol-whipped good teams like Brisbane and the Dogs.

I'm growing more confident the more I examine it.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
The stillest, warmest (24?) day in a fortnight up here after the coldest night (5).

So i expect it still and chilly and a bit damp tonight back on our home deck, where we havnt played a bad game all year.

Biggest game of the year easily for us and WC been up for a while,

Tigers get it done comfortably i reckon.

Tigers by 27. Jake Aarts kicks 4
I will take that result tonight and any day for that matter.
How did you get across the border ET?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
They have a long tail: Brander, Williams, Reid, O'Neill and Rotham have played 21 games between them. Ah Chee is a state-leaguer. Cole and Duggan are bog-average. So is Hutchings and it's his first game for the year.

I have a sneaking suspicion our form is better than it looks. We've looked average when sh*t teams like Essendon and Gold Coast have flooded our forward line, but we also dominated those games, and we pistol-whipped good teams like Brisbane and the Dogs.

I'm growing more confident the more I examine it.
Our bottom 6 would be Short, Dow, Castagna, Soldo, Markov, Aarts

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
A serious serious game of footy coming up tonight. Albeit lightning premiership length. Gonna be blood on the canvas.

• Love