WEEK 1 FINALS 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WEEK 1 FINALS 2021

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Dylan Shiel, pfft, struts around like a poor mans Mark Chaffey.
:mhihi :mhihi :rotfl1, most overatted player going around IMHO.

Good results for the neutral supporters I’d say.

I see the media are now on the Toby wagon, imho been the most dangerous “ clutch” player going around outside of Dusty. Obviously his not quite the perfect citizen, however if he played for us I’d think he be a lot of people’s favourite player, ive warmed to him a bit over the last 2 seasons , seems a very popular team man and actually quite humble of field , has a bit of the Dusty misconception about him.

If he did intend to make contact imho that’s 10 weeks , simply can’t have players deliberately bumping umps , however if Stevic believes there was nothing in it and he got in Tobys way or it was just incidental as Toby went to voice his opinion , then he should be free to play, I’m not going to judge either way as I wouldn’t have a clue on the thoughts of either.

edit just saw Tooheys post, yep hes cooked

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Yep..... initially I thought he was gone.... then I thought he was good.... now he's definitely done.

Selfish bastard. ... he's costing us draft positions!
He certainly will.
I honestly won't be surprised if he misses the entire finals series even if they're lucky enough to get through.
Walking straight through an umpire deserves a lengthy suspension. Can't have that in our game.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Jesse Hogan and Aliir Aliir both proving to be inspired trading decisions. Both played critical roles in finals wins on the weekend. Great list management.

Reactions: 5 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
you can hear Tobys defence ..
accidental, he was not eyeballing umpire Stevic at the time of contact, which was minimal...

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Unfortunately has cost his side a shot to win their game against the Cats.

- An example will be made.
- 2 plus weeks
-cannot be tolerated
- could have walked around him
-deliberate
-former players defence of him a terrible look
-any angle I look at.. does him no favours. Forceful.
-not the captain to approach an umpire
- can’t defend him
-can’t compare with Neales incident
-filters down
- would not be shocked if it’s more than 2
-his action now has me not defending him anymore of late. No respect for him. Thought he had turned the corner with his role as captain but Cogs comes back in and Toby back to his terrible shelf.
- will it cost Toby more
-had forgotten the incident of the nightclub ..

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
AFL can’t defend this act.

Just my final word and please don’t think I’m trying to defend Toby but Stevic shouldn’t have been near the vacinity of the GWS players. The umpires as I’ve seen on numerous occasions( any level ) walk together and away from both teams players. Stevic is an experienced umpire. Could have defused any likely situation that could have arisen.

Just my take.

Last edited:

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
The terms RoCo and journo should be used very loosely together
I have now heard him called FROCO. It’s my favorite nickname ever.

I follow him for the outraged left view and some other spud right wingers for the extreme screw everyone except myself view.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Greene will be a big loss, but GWS can cover his loss. Taranto to play forward like he did against us recently when Greene didn't play.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hoping GWS use Cameron’s running out on them as motivation to stick it up his and Geecheat’s ass.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
I don't agree that Toby did anything wrong.
Firstly, he never changed direction and never made any move at the umpire.
Second, eyes were on the ump because he was speaking to him.
Third, what was the umpire doing walking amongst the GWS group who were all heading in the same direction.

The umpire got in the way of the players and in Tobys path.
Green is not obliged to change his own path and walk around him..is he?

No contact initiated by Green. Umpire walked into his path.

But, this is the generation of not being responsible for ones own actions but blaming others for your own error.
Umpires error, not Toby's.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I have now heard him called FROCO. It’s my favorite nickname ever.

I follow him for the outraged left view and some other spud right wingers for the extreme screw everyone except myself view.
Yes FRO is his favourite acronym. His views are extreme and he attracts the extreme on the other end of the scale because of it. I have seen moderate left leaners being told to FRO by him when they suggest he should calm down

He could learn a lot from Richo who approaches all criticism on Twitter with unfailing good humour. It takes the wind out of the sails of those having a dig at him.