WEEK 1 FINALS 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WEEK 1 FINALS 2021

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
For those interested in discussing the first week of the finals... go...

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Think Geecheat win tonight. Unfortunately.

They play well in Bogelaide, only 20,000 allowed in, get Duncan back and they tend to suffocate Port Bogelaide who like to run it a bit.

Hope Port win but might be tough going tonight.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I always love super Saturday

Got me cheese and onion chips ready to go

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Without us in it, it's nearly like who we barrack against than who we support!

Port v Cats
Can't stand the thought I've either of these clubs winning the lot, but I'll barrack against Geelong because of our draft deal and the :poop: we'll be reading about Dangerfield deserving a flag etc etc.
The lesser of 2 evils I'm calling it!

Reactions: 10 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Without us in it, it's nearly like who we barrack against than who we support!

Port v Cats
Can't stand the thought I've either of these clubs winning the lot, but I'll barrack against Geelong because of our draft deal and the :poop: we'll be reading about Dangerfield deserving a flag etc etc.
The lesser of 2 evils I'm calling it!

I agree totally tonight. Don't like either club but defo on the Anyone but Geelong bandwagon.

On a sidenote, how underwhelming are those "ins" for the Dogs on Sunday. Schache, West, Gardner and Scott.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
PORT ADELAIDE v GEELONG
SYDNEY v GWS
MELBOURNE
v BRISBANE LIONS
WESTERN BULLDOGS v ESSENDON

Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Will need a shower afterwards, but I'll be barracking hard for Port to win tonight.

Hopefully Essendon can extend their days without a finals win record

Reactions: 6 users

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I don't trust the dogs - they can throw in a real stinker from time to time. It's gonna make me sick but i have a feeling bumbers get the win.

• Sad

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Yeah hope Port has a big win, lesser of two flogs

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Hoping Port win tonight. They have slipped under the radar a bit this year but now is the time we find out how good they really are. I think Port match up reasonably well on Geelong, some big bodies to put pressure on Geelong. I think Port will win, the way they played in last year's PF shows what they are capable of, that game could have gone either way. I'm expecting huge congestion at each end of the ground as both teams flood back while the chip-mark-stand game continues in the middle.

Sydney v GWS is almost impossible to pick, they really are evenly matched but I just get the feeling GWS are peaking at the right time and Sydney are probably a year or two off being real contenders. GWS to win but either result will not surprise me.

Melbourne should beat Brissie. They have fixed the issues they had in 2018 and should go into the finals as favourites. Coming top of the ladder has not been the place to win from much of late, but the last time they came top they won, also, olympics in Tokyo - the parallels are lined up, down to you Melbourne. Melbourne are a different team from even a couple of years ago, that comeback win against Geelong shows an ability to hold firm which is needed in finals. If Melbourne can stem the flow of goals when their opposition are having a run (which seems very hard for any team with the way the game is being played now, but finals could be different) then they have the ability to go all the way. Brisbane are good, but Melbourne are better.

Footscray v Essendon is a difficult one. Footscray are the better team, but their form is abysmal. I reckon Footscray will come back and win this one, they went close with Port last week and Essendon are an easier prospect.

Sad to see we're out of it but there is plenty of hope for 2022.

DS

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Port v Geelong – Geelong significantly weakened with Stewart out, but it’s not significant enough to lose to Port. 6 wins by under 13 points suggests Port’s ladder position is overinflated and I just don’t rate them. Geelong is my biggest certainty of the round.

Sydney v GWS - Everyone pumping up Sydney, but GWS just beat Geelong in Geelong and their first half against us was just about the best footy I have seen from any team all year. No Mills and Kennedy for the Swans puts a lot of pressure on Parker. GWS for mine.

Melbourne v Brisbane - If this was at the MCG, Melbourne win by 7-8 goals. Having to play it on neutral territory brings Brisbane back to the pack. But I don’t believe Brisbane’s style is suited to finals footy. Melbourne win if they are able to cope with the pressure of being minor premiers and ending their premiership drought.

Footscray v Essendon - Footscray out of form, but this is the type of game to get them out of their rut. Essendon won’t kick 70 points from clearances again and Wright won’t kick 7 goals. Whoever wins the midfield battle wins the game and the dogs have more finals experience.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Think Geecheat win tonight. Unfortunately.

They play well in Bogelaide, only 20,000 allowed in, get Duncan back and they tend to suffocate Port Bogelaide who like to run it a bit.

Hope Port win but might be tough going tonight.

I'm hoping Port win with everything I got. I think Port can terrorise them a bit around the ball and burn them with quick ball movement.

Butters and Rozee must stand up and play well. You know Wines and Boak will turn up and Willem Drew might be the most unknown B+ footballer in the comp.

Reactions: 3 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Port - I reckon they will go all the way...hit their straps at the right time. Home finals and who knows where the GF will be but wherever it is it won't be at a disadvantageous venue for Port

GWS - similar to Port, hitting their straps and have finals experience

Lions - Don't trust Melbourne, they could go out in straight sets whereas Lions have recent finals experience

Dogs - still can't believe the Bummers made it

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I'm hoping Port win with everything I got. I think Port can terrorise them a bit around the ball and burn them with quick ball movement.

Butters and Rozee must stand up and play well. You know Wines and Boak will turn up and Willem Drew might be the most unknown B+ footballer in the comp.
Small forwards still worry Geecheat a bit so hopefully they get enough opportunities.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Port - I reckon they will go all the way...hit their straps at the right time. Home finals and who knows where the GF will be but wherever it is it won't be at a disadvantageous venue for Port

Lions - Don't trust Melbourne, they could go out in straight sets whereas Lions have recent finals experience

its funny how people have such contrasting opinions. I genuinely believe both Port and Brisbane are vulnerable to straight sets exits.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Hoping Geelong lose in a really close one, then face a really awkward contest next week against perhaps GWS, who have beaten them recently. And likely on neutral ground. Then go out in straight sets.

Losing narrowly will delude them into thinking they are close and continue on with their flawed elderly policy. Which brings them a year closer to falling off a cliff.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users