WEEK 1 FINALS 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WEEK 1 FINALS 2021

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yes FRO is his favourite acronym. His views are extreme and he attracts the extreme on the other end of the scale because of it. I have seen moderate left leaners being told to FRO by him when they suggest he should calm down

He could learn a lot from Richo who approaches all criticism on Twitter with unfailing good humour. It takes the wind out of the sails of those having a dig at him.

The problem Roco has now is that people know how he'll react so they just keep doing it. Sure debate people who are looking for a reasonable argument, just ignore the d1ckheads.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I don't agree that Toby did anything wrong.
Firstly, he never changed direction and never made any move at the umpire.
Second, eyes were on the ump because he was speaking to him.
Third, what was the umpire doing walking amongst the GWS group who were all heading on the same direction.

The umpire got in the way of the players and in Tobs path.
Green is not obliged to change his own path and walk around him..is he?

No contact initiated by Green. Umpire walked into his path.

But, this is the generation of not being responsible for ones own actions but blaming others for your own error.
Umpires error, not Toby's.
I think we have so many other inconsistencies that are far worse. Whatever happened i am pretty sure there was no malice involved.
Toby will go, but he shouldn't imo. The only thing that would save him is what Stevic says about it but the AFL is out to get him for sure.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Port and Dees would be just about morals to get into the GF.

What you have to remember is that this year if the first in several where there hasn't been a pre finals bye. This would mean that those who now have the week off are in significantly better position as the opposing teams would have been going for approx 3 months without a break.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Greene deserves at least a week. Stuff the fact he is a “marquee” player. The AFL has an obligation to the broader football community and especially junior footy to ensure that umpires are protected and Green was at the very least trying to show contempt toward - or more like trying to intimidate - the umpire.
Agree in principle but stand by my previous post on this latest Greene incident
The two narratives that Greene is hard done by and clumsy mummy are pretty bizarre.
Agree in principle 67, but stand by my previous post on this latest Greene incident: a heavy fine only, in case it was at all deliberate or there was any
There is no question someone, somewhere, sometime, is going to smack Cody Weightman.
They tried. Later, same game. Got another unjustified free for it. That's AFL 2021.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
You can only conclude that Greene is just a bit of a moron.

Great footballer and I really can't understand why he does these things - bump an umpire, scratch peoples' faces, foot out to mark - just unnecessary when not only is he a great player but he can swing games all by himself.

DS

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I don't agree that Toby did anything wrong.
Firstly, he never changed direction and never made any move at the umpire.
Second, eyes were on the ump because he was speaking to him.
Third, what was the umpire doing walking amongst the GWS group who were all heading in the same direction.

The umpire got in the way of the players and in Tobys path.
Green is not obliged to change his own path and walk around him..is he?

No contact initiated by Green. Umpire walked into his path.

But, this is the generation of not being responsible for ones own actions but blaming others for your own error.
Umpires error, not Toby's.
haha. love the last 2 lines.

Stevic was standing still. Every other Giant managed to walk around him. Greene walked straight at him, and gave him a little bump. Soft. But you cannot do it. To say anything else is just to make excuses for him.

Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
their GWS trades are pretty ordinary - Shiel, Smith, Caldwell.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
on top of all of the Toby Greene stuff - the weird thing is they won, and still he had to be a doofus ...
let it go man ...

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just watched the Scott presser, geez, he looked very tired. If the rest of Geelong are like that they may go out in straight sets, and making the finals will have done them no good at all, losing in a PF may be even worse for them. While I think they are a very capable team, they just don't look like they can beat the very best, yet again (bloody close last year though). Getting close year after year but not winning has to take a toll, add to that an ageing list and they have some problems.

I have no sympathy for Geelong, they definitely rub me up the wrong way with their sense of entitlement. You want entitlement - how about Bob Skilton only ever playing 1 final, Neville Crowe rubbed out for the 1967 GF, Robbie Flower at Melbourne all those years, Geelong in the 90s - Geelong after 2011 have had their chances and haven't pulled it off over the last 10 years, plenty with way more entitlement over the years.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
used to like watching the cats under Bomber Thompson - had some likeable players (Scarlett, Chapman, enright, corey) and played a good brand of football. wanted them to win those flags especially in 2011. Now I can't stand them under Scott. Their game plan is boring and some of their players like hawkins, selwood, dangerfield, rohan, miers have as much appeal as their coach.

Reactions: 6 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
you can hear Tobys defence ..
accidental, he was not eyeballing umpire Stevic at the time of contact, which was minimal...
A weak defence, but they could add the question...Why did Stevic not say anything to Toby after the contact? Did he think it was too slight or he did not want to inflame the situation? It won't matter, Toby will get a few weeks bc you just don't walk into umpires like that. It's hard enough to get umpires for junior level games now so the AFL has to make an example of Toby. Then GWS have to work out how they can train Toby to control his emotional response when he disagrees with the umpires.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
A weak defence, but they could add the question...Why did Stevic not say anything to Toby after the contact? Did he think it was too slight or he did not want to inflame the situation?
Check out the look on Stevic's face. He knew how the whole thing would unfold straight away and he was pretty unhappy about it.

Reactions: 1 users