WEEK 2 FINALS 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WEEK 2 FINALS 2021

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I don’t know so much about the last one. To me it wasn’t a free but I reckon 90% of what is paid in the ruck are not frees, nothing to do with game sense.
The only ruck ones that seem obvious to me are the blocking ones when 1 ruck jumps into the other ruck and the ball drops over his shoulder without him touching it. Thats about as clear as you get with stopping the other ruck from competing.

I'm as confused as everyone else on the other ruck frees that are paid, but those ones where they jump in and then don't touch the ball seem pretty obvious to me.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Don’t know why so many supporting the dogs. Can’t stand them since Libba’s old man scratched Knighter’s face to bits. Get the best run with the umpires in the AFL.
I’ll be supporting Port next week. Feral fans but they play a Richmond brand of footy imo
Brisbane very unlucky tonight, this site would be lighting up if we copped what they did.
Same. They are a throwing cheating staging bunch of *smile*. Barely a genuine likeable footballer amongst them. They cheated their way to a flag in 2016, would hate to see that style rewarded again.

Joe Daniher was the main reason Bris lost though. What a pathetic effort he put in. 6 touches for 2 turnovers and a goal from your main man. Bombers did well to be rid of such a cancer.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Please. Brisbane usually get looked after by the umps as well as anyone when playing at home. Just remember when we played them at the Gabba this year. It was the greatest reaming of a team by umpires in the history of the game. What was it; 20-6 in their favour at half time?

Zero sympathy for them.
Dogs are umpires pets in 2021.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah I know. My point is that being an untrustworthy club doesn’t mean they won’t win it . We proved that.
I’m not putting any faith in them what so ever. I hope they do beat them next week but they have an enormous history of failure that makes me very very nervous.

Just DO it.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
No they don't. If there is a free, you pay the free. Its pretty simply. Seriously, what other sport in the world would have their sport run on "game sense of the umpires".

As another poster stated, it was plain dumb by McInerney. It was as clear a free as you'd see. If there was a clear arm chop in front of goal, do you want them not to pay that either?

Couldn't agree more, the rules should be applied consistently, the same for every team, in every game, at every stage of every game.

Anything else is the farce we see now.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The only ruck ones that seem obvious to me are the blocking ones when 1 ruck jumps into the other ruck and the ball drops over his shoulder without him touching it. Thats about as clear as you get with stopping the other ruck from competing.

I'm as confused as everyone else on the other ruck frees that are paid, but those ones where they jump in and then don't touch the ball seem pretty obvious to me.
Ruck fees are a lottery.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Same. They are a throwing cheating staging bunch of *smile*. Barely a genuine likeable footballer amongst them. They cheated their way to a flag in 2016, would hate to see that style rewarded again.

Joe Daniher was the main reason Bris lost though. What a pathetic effort he put in. 6 touches for 2 turnovers and a goal from your main man. Bombers did well to be rid of such a cancer.

1 of his "efficient" disposals was that strange play for Fullartons goal at the last. The commentators started praising him for his composure until they looked and saw he had no idea there was anyone there. He turned towards goal, should have looked then, but turned back towards the boundary and put a blind kick to the top of the square. Right place to put it, but pretty lucky that only Lions were standing there.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Seriously? Scores level. Final. Minute to go. Dodgey ruck free, which are a raffle. Basicly decided the game.
The free against McCarthy was a joke.

The non free against Macrae in the middle was a joke.

There were plenty of others in favour of dogs.

All moot, they are rubbish and will get beat next week.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
When you have dopey Joe the fraud Daniher as your lynchpin you are *smile*. What a disgraceful effort. What a pathetic teammate. Would hate to play with a guy that could not give a *smile*.
Plays like he's on a Qld holiday.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I’m not putting any faith in them what so ever. I hope they do beat them next week but they have an enormous history of failure that makes me very very nervous.

Just DO it.
I reckon they have a few in the midfield who have real steal in their game now that makes them a little different to before.
Time will tell

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017

Just DO it.
Dees are different. Like the Tigers were in 2017. Except it's more obvious now Dees are different. B
Off the sides left they have
Best Ruck. Best Relief Ruck. Best key defenders. Best Mids. Best mid/small forward.

They got ahead of themselves in 2018 and learnt a lesson. They won't let this slip.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Dees are different. Like the Tigers were in 2017. Except it's more obvious now Dees are different. B
Off the sides left they have
Best Ruck. Best Relief Ruck. Best key defenders. Best Mids. Best mid/small forward.

They got ahead of themselves in 2018 and learnt a lesson. They won't let this slip.
Seriously hope you’re right.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Its not a dodgy ruck free. Its paid every time that 1 ruck stops the other from jumping and then doesn't touch the ball.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean its dodgy. THEY ARE THE BLOODY RULES.
But they don't always apply them. Consistently. And choose the most crucial moments to do so.