WEEK 2 FINALS 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WEEK 2 FINALS 2021

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Neale wanting to raise an unborn kid, 4500km away from where you're contracted to work for huge pay for the next 2 years,

isnt 'family reasons' IMHO.

do they think if they see out the contract, and the kid goes to WA to live the rest of its life from 2 years of age,

its going to grow up with a picture of Matt Canavan on the wall?

I'd be playing unprecedented hardball if this story is as reported

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
Bulldogs love fest on SEN, the battler narrative cringe is alive and well. Gerard couldn't find Footscray with a map.

Lions had 2 guys off from half-time, had to battle the chucking and the umps and just miss. And the Lions had to unfortunately rely on the talents of lazy Joe Daniher as their key forward. He put in one of the worst key forward finals performances in living memory. 66 inside 50's and he manages 6 touches and a goal. Physically gifted more than most but so *smile* lazy. He'd have a 1000 page thread if he played for the tigers.

Reactions: 4 users

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Bulldogs love fest on SEN, the battler narrative cringe is alive and well. Gerard couldn't find Footscray with a map.

Lions had 2 guys off from half-time, had to battle the chucking and the umps and just miss. And the Lions had to unfortunately rely on the talents of lazy Joe Daniher as their key forward. He put in one of the worst key forward finals performances in living memory. 66 inside 50's and he manages 6 touches and a goal. Physically gifted more than most but so *smile* lazy. He'd have a 1000 page thread if he played for the tigers.

Yep, Joe is overrated especially by himself. As the old saying goes " He's a Legend in His Own Lunchbox"

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Daniher is Ty Vickery with a good PR campaign. The singular most overhyped footballer in the game.
Pick Vickery over Dannyiher.

Vickery better forward and can ruck.
Didn't mind a little puch and shove.
Not like Dannyiher, slight wind and he falls over with his arms up in the air.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
If it’s about insufficient intent can you explain why teams don’t get penalised when a player deliberately punches the ball over the boundary.

Yeah the law is an ass when it comes to that scenario. The rationale I've heard is they don't consider you are in control of the ball when you are spoiling it but it makes no sense.

Another stupid one is a ruckman can punch it straight out from a boundary throw in and a free kick is only paid if it goes over the line on the full.

The lengths you go to to defend and “explain” bad decisions is commendable, I reckon if an umpire shot a player dead on the field you’d defend it.

Clearly there would be a second shooter on a grassy knoll. ;)

I don't see it as defending bad decisions, I see it as explaining how decisions are made. I don't get annoyed by deliberate out of bounds because I understand exactly how the umpires officiate it. If I paused the game when the ball goes out I'd be right in the decision that gets made 99 times out of 100. People wanted to argue black and blue last week about the semantics of the rule language and everything else but when the Daniels incident happened it played out exactly as I said it would. In fact the only mistake was another one that should have been paid that was missed, when a player fumbled the ball which caused them to soccer it out.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Is it bad that I have got so much enjoyment out of last nights result??

why would it? Richmond haters are still celebrating us missing the finals.

I was doing cartwheels when the siren went on Saturday. Firstly, the game against Brisbane earlier in the season doesn’t sit well with me. My estranged brother (who has denied me seeing my nieces for 6 years) follows Brisbane. And I’m a born and bred westie who always gets behind the dogs when Richmond aren’t contending.

As for the umpires, I don’t get the outrage. The deliberate out of bounds Brisbane received late in the game was a joke. And they kicked 2 gettable goals out on the full in the last 10 minutes. Stuff em.

• Love

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Yep, that's all fair TBR. I just don't like the rule, it's still way too subjective - a risky action (soccering) vs a less risky action.

Everyone gets upset because they dont like the rule. Or umpires.
So each deliberate free is an incorrect decision.

From what our umpire's agent TBR tells us, the rule is titled insufficient intent (old language deliberate) but the rule itself is not about intent or if it's a deliberate act.
Simply has the player attempted to keep the ball in as best he could?
Kicking the ball in mid-air isn't deliberately kicking it out, however it's not trying to keep it in. So if it goes out tough bickies.

The 2 exemptions are spoiling in a marking contest and rucking, both situations the ball can go oob without a free. Oh and kicking long into the forward line, especially if there are only opponents there.
3 exemptions because the afl writes the rules for television.

Now I don't like TBR but we can't allow that to cloud our judgement on what he says. It might be right. This time.
In the same way hating the rule shouldn't mean that the umps decision was wrong.

MD Jazz

Tiger Legend
Feb 3, 2017
I don't get annoyed by deliberate out of bounds because I understand exactly how the umpires officiate it.
No you don’t. Razor completely contradicted you on SEN. Just because you write it doesn’t make it true.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
oh man I'm gonna be nervous on Friday night

filled with toxic spite and schadenfreude

go dees

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
Now the Lions have had a little taste of what it feels like to lose players by injury. They Had Hipwood, McStay and Rayner that I can remember out.
I have seen posts where they were saying we had half our forward line out welcome to the club, we also had half our backline out.

When we played them the first time and had our whole midfield out, they couldn't comprehend that 5 of our top 7 mids were out, they came back with we got Lester and gardener out lol The same Lester who was sub last weekend.

Last edited:
< Jack Ross | MRP >