WEEK 2 FINALS 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WEEK 2 FINALS 2021

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I thought Treloar was the biggest chucker in the game. But Libba has him covered easily.

Threw the ball at every opportunity tonight. Umpires even penalised him once.

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
My observations of the finals so far is that sides that play pressure / surge football still wins big finals. Makes me feel a lot more confident that our game plan is still a blueprint for success.

Reactions: 12 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
What the Dogs had to put up with in past 48 hours is unbelievable. For them to win was enormous. Credit where is due . Hopefully this will get reported . Players were denied meals . Processing of players in hotel quarantine took 4 hours which I might add was the shared overseas visitors hotel quarantine. No delivered meals etc . Food at hotel absolutely rubbish .

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
A Dogs/Cats GF is a scary thought, have to have emergency umpires on stand by. The maggots will run themselves ragged paying free kicks. Two most protected species on the planet.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
What the Dogs had to put up with in past 48 hours is unbelievable. For them to win was enormous. Credit where is due . Hopefully this will get reported . Players were denied meals . Processing of players in hotel quarantine took 4 hours which I might add was the shared overseas visitors hotel quarantine. No delivered meals etc . Food at hotel absolutely rubbish .
Nothing like Qld hospitality.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It was an "ice in his veins" celebration (hence the pointing at his forearm). Indicates that he is cool under pressure. Quite a common celebration in the NBA.

I don't really care how players celebrate,

but dusty got fined $5k for a little private pretend cocaine snort with Mumford. Clearly recreational..

would have to make insinuating intravenous drug use to school kids $10k, wouldn't it? possessing pretend paraphernalia, pretend trafficking of a pretend class A?

FWIW, I actually loved Smith infuriating Lions fans.

he played one of the great finals games.

suck *smile* Brisbane. get *smile* Queensland. my only regret is Matheson wasn't playing.

Reactions: 4 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
My observations of the finals so far is that sides that play pressure / surge football still wins big finals. Makes me feel a lot more confident that our game plan is still a blueprint for success.
The big big difference is the Dees, Dogs and Cats use skill by foot and pressure. We don't have the cattle to do that.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Cockatoo sat on his perch all night except for an odd occasion. Fagan thought he was getting an Eagle but looks like he got a budgie.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Really? You're telling me the rules now?
Minute to go, scores level, Dodgey ruck free, which is what my pop and dad call any ruck free, whether we get it or not. Game sense? Occation? Fair dinkum posh, it doesn't get paid in that situation.
That's half the problem though snakey one.
If it's a RULE of the game, then adjudicate the farking rule, simple. It's not an occasion, sense of theatre or touchy feeliness to be only applied in certain situations. Simple rule, simple adjudication, don't try n cheat the rule or whinge when caught out cheating the rule.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Big rumour the old codger will be at the Australian open in 2022.
Champion at 6-0 6-0

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
I don't really care how players celebrate,

but dusty got fined $5k for a little private pretend cocaine snort with Mumford. Clearly recreational..

would have to make insinuating intravenous drug use to school kids $10k, wouldn't it? possessing pretend paraphernalia, pretend trafficking of a pretend class A?

FWIW, I actually loved Smith infuriating Lions fans.

he played one of the great finals games.

suck *smile* Brisbane. get *smile* Queensland. my only regret is Matheson wasn't playing.
To be clear - it is ice as in frozen water, not the drug. It indicates that the player is cold-blooded under pressure.

D'Angelo Russell in the NBA is well known for using this celebration (see below):

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
No no no. Daniel had options but was kicking off the ground from in his D50. Even if it went out 15-20m further down field it would have been deliberate. There were no dogs players anywhere nearby. It didn't gop straight off the edge, more off on a 45 degree. Good decision.
Only problem I have with that one was that a Brisvegas player did similar a bit later in the qtr with a much more direct toe poke at the boundary n it was crickets from the maggots. First one paid n the second one was ignored.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
No no no. Daniel had options but was kicking off the ground from in his D50. Even if it went out 15-20m further down field it would have been deliberate. There were no dogs players anywhere nearby. It didn't gop straight off the edge, more off on a 45 degree. Good decision.
Geez Jazzy, you’re sounding like TBR here. Daniel kicks it out of mid air, he’s leg aiming straight down the field, he’s hit the ball on the side of his boot. There’s no “Insufficient intent” here, just bad luck.

Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Geez Jazzy, you’re sounding like TBR here. Daniel kicks it out of mid air, he’s leg aiming straight down the field, he’s hit the ball on the side of his boot. There’s no “Insufficient intent” here, just bad luck.

yep. shows how terrible the rule is - it's clearly not about intent at all.

Feb 25, 2007

100% agree. The deliberate out of bounds has changed from when it was first introduced. Common sense used to prevail with the umps, they knew the difference between deliberate and not deliberate, nowadays it's all theatrics running with the hand out to call deliberate.
No way Daniels meant for it to go 5-10 meters to his left. Clear as day he was trying his hardest to boot the ball as far as possible out of the danger zone, you can clearly see it hits the side of his boot.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
100% agree. The deliberate out of bounds has changed from when it was first introduced. Common sense used to prevail with the umps, they knew the difference between deliberate and not deliberate, nowadays it's all theatrics running with the hand out to call deliberate.
No way Daniels meant for it to go 5-10 meters to his left. Clear as day he was trying his hardest to boot the ball as far as possible out of the danger zone, you can clearly see it hits the side of his boot.

Exactly, he was also bumped in his back at the exact time of kicking it by Cameron which would have unbalanced him too.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The other one that astounded me in that final quarter, how the hell did the arc find sufficient evidence to over rule the goal umpire on that Bont goal???

Reactions: 1 users