WEEK 2 FINALS 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

WEEK 2 FINALS 2021

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Daniher is Ty Vickery with a good PR campaign. The singular most overhyped footballer in the game.
Pick Vickery over Dannyiher.

Vickery better forward and can ruck.
Didn't mind a little puch and shove.
Not like Dannyiher, slight wind and he falls over with his arms up in the air.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Is it bad that I have got so much enjoyment out of last nights result??

why would it? Richmond haters are still celebrating us missing the finals.

I was doing cartwheels when the siren went on Saturday. Firstly, the game against Brisbane earlier in the season doesn’t sit well with me. My estranged brother (who has denied me seeing my nieces for 6 years) follows Brisbane. And I’m a born and bred westie who always gets behind the dogs when Richmond aren’t contending.

As for the umpires, I don’t get the outrage. The deliberate out of bounds Brisbane received late in the game was a joke. And they kicked 2 gettable goals out on the full in the last 10 minutes. Stuff em.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Yep, that's all fair TBR. I just don't like the rule, it's still way too subjective - a risky action (soccering) vs a less risky action.

Everyone gets upset because they dont like the rule. Or umpires.
So each deliberate free is an incorrect decision.

From what our umpire's agent TBR tells us, the rule is titled insufficient intent (old language deliberate) but the rule itself is not about intent or if it's a deliberate act.
Simply has the player attempted to keep the ball in as best he could?
Kicking the ball in mid-air isn't deliberately kicking it out, however it's not trying to keep it in. So if it goes out tough bickies.

The 2 exemptions are spoiling in a marking contest and rucking, both situations the ball can go oob without a free. Oh and kicking long into the forward line, especially if there are only opponents there.
3 exemptions because the afl writes the rules for television.

Now I don't like TBR but we can't allow that to cloud our judgement on what he says. It might be right. This time.
In the same way hating the rule shouldn't mean that the umps decision was wrong.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Very capable player, Daniher, but when he doesn't fire his laconic style draws attention.
Capable of? Scoop on the money, the guy is a fraud. His uncle Terry reckons he is weak as *smile*. Half reckon it’s why he left the bombers

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I don't get annoyed by deliberate out of bounds because I understand exactly how the umpires officiate it.
No you don’t. Razor completely contradicted you on SEN. Just because you write it doesn’t make it true.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
oh man I'm gonna be nervous on Friday night

filled with toxic spite and schadenfreude

go dees

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
Now the Lions have had a little taste of what it feels like to lose players by injury. They Had Hipwood, McStay and Rayner that I can remember out.
I have seen posts where they were saying we had half our forward line out welcome to the club, we also had half our backline out.

When we played them the first time and had our whole midfield out, they couldn't comprehend that 5 of our top 7 mids were out, they came back with we got Lester and gardener out lol The same Lester who was sub last weekend.

Last edited:

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Now the Lions have had a little taste of what it feels like to lose players by injury. They Had Hipwood, McStay and Rayner that I can remember out.
I have seen posts where they were saying we had half our forward line out welcome to the club, we also had half our backline out.

When we played them the first time and had our whole midfield out, they couldn't comprehend that 5 of our top 7 mids were out, they came back with we got Lester and gardener out lol The same Lester who was sub last weekend.
Acted so poorly that game.

On the return bout we got back at them and they took out Dusty.

Karma works in mysterious ways.

Melb vs Geelong.... please Melb but I’m worried . Experience (might) be a factor and which team handles the pressure of the Occassion more. Cats for losing last years GF when leading by 20 points or Melb with all the expectations of their fans and not winning a GF since 64.
They say PF are the hardest to win and the most pressure.
Dogs vs Port... please Dogs but can’t see them kicking a winning score.

Attachments

• F1896DA7-508D-41D9-AEBF-EC77AF9C0DE0.png
    F1896DA7-508D-41D9-AEBF-EC77AF9C0DE0.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Neale wanting to raise an unborn kid, 4500km away from where you're contracted to work for huge pay for the next 2 years,

isnt 'family reasons' IMHO.

do they think if they see out the contract, and the kid goes to WA to live the rest of its life from 2 years of age,

its going to grow up with a picture of Matt Canavan on the wall?

I'd be playing unprecedented hardball if this story is as reported
Exactly..I was onto my third country by 3 and don't remember any of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
:cry:

I like you, Tigerdell.

I can't see the quote as I must be ignoring the poster RE, but I assume it is about the SEN interview when Razor mentioned skill errors?

All I say to that is look at what happens in reality. Look at all the deliberates that get paid and see how many times a skill error is taken into account. If Rayzor thinks that is what happens then he is either wrong, or he is the only one doing it and I bet if we isolated deliberates he pays we'd find it isn't the case.

Yeah he said the umpires take into account whether the player made a skill error or not. This is also aligned with what the AFL came out with a few years ago.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Yeah he said the umpires take into account whether the player made a skill error or not. This is also aligned with what the AFL came out with a few years ago.
I guess it doesn't trump a player,s decision to not make a reasonable attempt to keep the ball in play.
Example is kicking it off the ground, easy to make a skill error but it's still a lazy act so a free kick is given