Welcome Bigoa Nyuon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Bigoa Nyuon

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I'm of the understanding we picked him up in the 2019 AFL Draft at pick 54.

He served out his two year contract 2020 and 2021 then he got delisted October 2021.

We then Rookie Listed him in the draft a month later, Nov' 2021 and as per below, he can serve 2-3 years on the Rookie List, which he has done just the one :unsure:

"List maintenance
Each club is allowed to maintain a list of up to six eligible Category A rookies and three Category B rookies. Up to three rookies can be retained, with the player's permission for a second or third season, with the others having to be either delisted or elevated to the primary list at the time of the National Draft."

Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

He served out his two year contract 2020 and 2021 then he got delisted October 2021.

We then Rookie Listed him in the draft a month later, Nov' 2021 and as per below, he can serve 2-3 years on the Rookie List, which he has done just the one :unsure:

"List maintenance
Each club is allowed to maintain a list of up to six eligible Category A rookies and three Category B rookies. Up to three rookies can be retained, with the player's permission for a second or third season, with the others having to be either delisted or elevated to the primary list at the time of the National Draft."

no one is saying he cant stay on rookie list, but he needs to be contracted 1st

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Biggie still out of contract, our last one following the 3 de-listings last week.

By my records, our last re-signing in 2021 was Parker on 19th Oct

All contracts expire @ end of October so leaving our run late
Lucky you reminded our list management team.

Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Good move, Bigoa is developing well and I'm hoping will be a regular in a year or two.

DS
I’m still unsure about him.
Can look laconic and lacks a bit of strength in the contest.
Can’t see him making it as best 22 but hope he comes back in ripping nic and improves again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
he's 21 and can get better

happy to see him hanging around

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Can’t see him making it as best 22 but hope he comes back in ripping nick and improves again.

Similar to what was being said about Miller 2 years ago.

Reactions: 2 users

DarOv

Tiger Cub
Oct 25, 2022

"List maintenance

Also, don't forget to have other fun things in life. For example, I spend my time in places like this - https://betpokies.co.nz - here I can both read useful information and find interesting sites to play. I recommend it!
Did I understand correctly that after a two-year contract, a rookie can either leave or become a member of the team?

Last edited:

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Should have signed him for 2 years, with Tarrant finishing up Biggy , Miller ,Gibcus , Balta , Brown are our future defence
Will be a massive Bonus if he comes good

Reactions: 6 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Should have signed him for 2 years, with Tarrant finishing up Biggy , Miller ,Gibcus , Balta , Brown are our future defence
Will be a massive Bonus if he comes good
Agreed. If Biggie makes it (and he has the tools) then we have 3 tall intercepting key backs. Balta Gibcus Biggie is mouthwatering
And Miller playing 2nd ruck/forward too

Reactions: 2 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Agreed. If Biggie makes it (and he has the tools) then we have 3 tall intercepting key backs. Balta Gibcus Biggie is mouthwatering
And Miller playing 2nd ruck/forward too
Biggy will come good, all he needs a more Biggy body

Reactions: 1 users

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
Can’t see him making it as best 22 but hope he comes back in ripping nic and improves again.
You want him to talk more?