Welcome Bigoa Nyuon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Bigoa Nyuon

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Well-deserved extension. Has improved each year and shows a lot of promise as a rebounding key defender

Reactions: 4 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Biggie is my two year old daughter's favourite player.

Which is probably a function of how much more accessible the VFL is than the AFL, to families.

But whichever level we go to, now she always yells 'Go Biggie!'

She'll be stoked he's there next year.

Although, she did come home from our last game to tell my partner 'Biggie is my favourite and Stacky is Daddy's favourite.' That will be a sadder conversation.

I'll need a new VFL favourite.

Maybe George.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne

Which is probably a function of how much more accessible the VFL is than the AFL, to families.

Although, she did come home from our last game to tell my partner 'Biggie is my favourite and Stacky is Daddy's favourite.' That will be a sadder conversation.

Maybe George.
Castagna will give you your moneys worth

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
none uncontracted

We have 5 on the Rookie list at present but Marlion will have to be upgraded to main list at 1 of the list lodgment periods as he has already spent 4 years on Rookie list
So he should
Why should a dual premiership player be a rookie?

Not opposed to us drafting Sydney stack if he gets to us. I thought there was a rule that we could automatically main list a rookie.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Did I understand correctly that after a two-year contract, a rookie can either leave or become a member of the team?
Three of up to six of the rookies can ask for a third year, the three who don't have to either go on the main list or get delisted!!

Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021

Maybe George.

Get on before the rest of them do man ;)

1666861640179.jpeg

Very impressive for Northern Bullants in 2022 -

1666861956810.jpeg

Played in a Country v Metro game in 2021. Pretty good review.

1666861823879.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Speaks well too as noticed on that video. Looking forward to see him in the VFL team.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Mutaz El Nour sounds good, maybe if he does well in the VFL team we can add him in the mid season draft? Good to get some players in with potential, I particularly liked the bits about how he gets into good positions, reading the game is invaluable.

Deserves his own thread?

DS

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Get on before the rest of them do man ;)

View attachment 17342

Very impressive for Northern Bullants in 2022 -

View attachment 17344

Played in a Country v Metro game in 2021. Pretty good review.

View attachment 17343
He's a midget Sudanese at 192 cm :))

Good luck to the lad, has some wraps on him. With some luck he shows some real tricks and attributes that will help him develop into a player for the RFC.

Only one issue is he's been signed up by the Essington Football Academy

Will probablly be playing for Essington by round 16 next season, like Maximus, and Garrett Mac who they also pinched from the RFC VFL side . Dodo will surely pounce.

On a good note its great to see Garrett back at the Tigers for 2022 I believe.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
He's a midget Sudanese at 192 cm :))

Good luck to the lad, has some wraps on him. With some luck he shows some real tricks and attributes that will help him develop into a player for the RFC.

Only one issue is he's been signed up by the Essington Football Academy

Will probably be playing for Essington by round 16 next season, like Maximus, and Garrett Mac who they also pinched from the RFC VFL side . Dodo will surely pounce.

On a good note its great to see Garrett back at the Tigers for 2022 I believe.
Yeah I believe it's the Education Academy? Getting a degree in Sports Admin, Diploma of Business ,etc or something like that?

We have had him training at Punt Road since at least 2019 under the watchful eyes of Bacher man.
He must have went on that international trip I think they went to the Middle-East for 2-3 weeks from memory.
If he gets drafted by someone else, it's like Dunkley playing 6 games for our VFL team, sadly we couldn't get him across either :(

1667705147384.png

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Mutaz El Nour sounds good, maybe if he does well in the VFL team we can add him in the mid season draft? Good to get some players in with potential, I particularly liked the bits about how he gets into good positions, reading the game is invaluable.

Deserves his own thread?

DS
Won’t get past the Drugees.

• Angry
  • Wow

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
hA HA HA yep theyll probably pounce on him in the National or rookie Draft now he's a RFC VFL player.

#signedbyrichmondpinchedbyessington
Correct Craigo...its almost a sad given.

*smile* them...We all grew up with their sheer arrogance and gloating over Sheedy, and I absolutely love them imploding and long may it continue.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Sam Banks knows he’s smarter than the other players on the park. And it doesn’t take long for observers to come to the same conclusion. It’s native intelligence, tactical thinking, a vision for the ball, a plan for the other players. At VFA level his thinking is as yet largely unchallenged. As a junior he'd be classes above his rivals so he's done as he pleased.

When Sam Banks handballs to a team mate under pressure he knows he’ll force the 1, 2 so he makes position to receive. He won’t do this at VFA level next year. But it’s a percentage play because it means he’ll retain control of the path of the ball. And he does it a lot.

Late in the VFA season (can't remember the game) Banks gets the ball just inside D50 and gets some attention. Biggie is clear and central, 10m astern of him. Banks can put Biggie through (send the ball central and 5m in front of Biggie for him to run onto) or he can pop the ball a metre or so in front of Biggie for him to have a gallop.

Banks does neither of those things. Instead he sends the ball very low directly to Biggie's toe. Biggie must draw heat. He won't get clear. And Banks runs to receive. Banks has forced the 1, 2.

So. Biggie gathered the low ball cleanly and sent it straight back to Banks's toe. Biggie forced the 1, 2 back on Banks and Biggie ran to receive.

Perhaps Biggie was angry. (I would've been.) He was certainly engaged. And that's the issue with Biggie. It's not IQ. It's engagement. That's the best piece of play of Biggie's career to date IMO.

Reactions: 5 users