Welcome Bigoa Nyuon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Bigoa Nyuon

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Repeating again, according to Biggie himself he has not grown at all in 12 months and sits at 195/6cm. It is rare for boys to grow taller after the age of 16 let alone 18, it always bemuses me when posters propose a player is going to grow taller once drafted:rolleyes: , (that would be the exception rather than the rule)

So you are saying it is possible

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
It's a one in a million chance.

But one in a million chances happen ALL the time!!! Much more often than one in a thousand!!!

Lock it in!!!

</Terry Pratchett reference>

I was thinking more of quoting Lloyd Christmas but that works

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I’ve no problems with an all or nothing pick here.

Mabs still has a heap of improvement in him and right now is a valuable back up and has another two years to level up again before he‘s considered disposable. That gives Biggie two years to even look like he’s showing anything and with the athletic traits he has, you‘d think this is a four year investment. Gives us huge cover across multiple lines.

Reactions: 4 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
I don't reckon, but they poach talented kids from other high schools just like the private schools.

I say, old boy,
Repeating again, according to Biggie himself he has not grown at all in 12 months and sits at 195/6cm. It is rare for boys to grow taller after the age of 16 let alone 18, it always bemuses me when posters propose a player is going to grow taller once drafted:rolleyes: , (that would be the exception rather than the rule)

I stood next to RCD at Club 80 the other day and I’ll go hee if he hasn’t grown.
I’ll put money on him being 193cm now.

Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
My kids where on the arts side of acedemy and it was around 1500 my guess is it would be around the same for sports. Kids need to qualify to gain entrance , to answer your question nowhere near priv school fees
My son tried out for the basketball academy this year. Piles of kids tried out over the course of a few days. Most of his friends from his rep club had a crack, and I only know of one that got in (not my boy unfortunately). There are kids there from all over Australia, and even one basketballer from NZ. I was told the fees would be more like 5k. I imagine the disparity would be because of demand and the fact they have coaches from the AIS and national teams, and resources like an on-site physio clinic adjacent to the gym.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Just read that his older brother is Gach who played at Essendon VFL and Casey.

I have an unproven belief that if the older brother didn’t make it the younger brother does. But if the older brother was a success the younger brother isn’t.

Don’t bother posting examples that bely my theory.....;)

Sounds like my theory, proven however, that if one brother is a flog, the other is too.

Chris Scott and Brad Scott

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
gary and Nathan ablett
Heard it from quite a few people around the Geelol area that young Nafan was easily every bit as good a player as the little nude nut. Thankfully Nafan was more interested in reading his bible n vegging out as far away from all the AFL hype as he could possibly get.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Jack and Dylan Grimes

Jimmy and Phil Krakouer - anomoly!
There was a third Grimes that didn't make it, Dylan's younger brother Tom.

And Phil and Jimmy had 2 younger brothers that didn't make it, Andrew and Billy.

Luke Ottens and his younger brother Brad.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
There was a third Grimes that didn't make it, Dylan's younger brother Tom.

And Phil and Jimmy had 2 younger brothers that didn't make it, Andrew and Billy.

Luke Ottens and his younger brother Brad.
Maurice Rioli's eldest son Gavin & MRJ

tempting fate I know

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Had an interesting conversation with a father at Dandenong Stingrays training on Friday night. My son at this stage is training with the under 16 Stingray side (U15s this year) and they had joint training with the U18s at Seaford. This dad has been following the Stingrays for a few years as his son has been bottom age and has a great knowledge of a lot of the players just drafted.
He is actually a Tiger supporter as well and we spoke of the draftees..let’s just say hopefully Biggie hardens up some what.

Said at a game this year biggie copped a slight kick to the leg just before 3 qtr time and got checked out and cleared to go back on by the physio for the start of the last qtr. During the 3qtr time break he took himself off and put ice on his leg and just sat on the sideline.

Coaches had to yell to the other ruckman to run on just before they bounced the ball for the 4th qtr when they noticed he wasn’t on.

Copped a good talking too but sounds like he ( the dad) is not much of a fan.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Had an interesting conversation with a father at Dandenong Stingrays training on Friday night. My son at this stage is training with the under 16 Stingray side (U15s this year) and they had joint training with the U18s at Seaford. This dad has been following the Stingrays for a few years as his son has been bottom age and has a great knowledge of a lot of the players just drafted.
He is actually a Tiger supporter as well and we spoke of the draftees..let’s just say hopefully Biggie hardens up some what.

Said at a game this year biggie copped a slight kick to the leg just before 3 qtr time and got checked out and cleared to go back on by the physio for the start of the last qtr. During the 3qtr time break he took himself off and put ice on his leg and just sat on the sideline.

Coaches had to yell to the other ruckman to run on just before they bounced the ball for the 4th qtr when they noticed he wasn’t on.

Copped a good talking too but sounds like he ( the dad) is not much of a fan.
Biggest issue for all players is how the little blob of grey matter between the ears functions. They've all got talent, that's why they get selected in the first place. Not great news reading that he sat himself out of a game like that.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Had an interesting conversation with a father at Dandenong Stingrays training on Friday night.

Players' fathers aren't often the best source of info though. If we had heeded the advice of one prominent PRE RFC player father we would have delisted Lids and put Martin on death-row.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users