Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Fantastic evasive skills, and general 'skills'... skills, just needs to bulk up a bit for mine.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
He just keeps getting better and better. A few were bagging him when he first came to show his wares but he was battling injuries and interrupted pre-season. I can see him putting pressure on Short's position in the short-term. I believe he's out of contract though?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Will be Bachars replacement for sure. Now we just need find one for Rance then Astbury.

Start of first round next season

- Houli nearly 32
- Rance 30
- Astbury 29
- Grimes 28

We have to start finding replacements in the next couple of years for sure. I reckon Garthwaite could become the Astbury replacement. Finding another Rance or Grimes ain't gonna be easy.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
i reckon they should train Balta to be a key defender 100% next year

Reactions: 3 users

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005

- Houli nearly 32
- Rance 30
- Astbury 29
- Grimes 28

We have to start finding replacements in the next couple of years for sure. I reckon Garthwaite could become the Astbury replacement. Finding another Rance or Grimes ain't gonna be easy.

Garthwaite!?!? He aint no Astbury and never will be. If I'm Richmond I'm trading Garthwaite out or delisting.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

- Houli nearly 32
- Rance 30
- Astbury 29
- Grimes 28

I reckon our age profile is really good for a premiership team - in the past we have seen the teams that have experienced a “dynasty”, cats and hawks for example, seemed to have many players over the 30 mark.

If we keep winning I can see this group stretching things out for a couple more years at least.

I thought this might be Houli’s last year but he certainly deserves another as he is still in our top half a doz performers.

Reactions: 1 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Garthwaite!?!? He aint no Astbury and never will be. If I'm Richmond I'm trading Garthwaite out or delisting.
Rinsa you wont be the first PRE poster to cop the old egg on the face for a comment recorded on this forum.
Garthwaite goes ok, still young and learning. Was given a look this year and will be hungry for more.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

I don't mind Garthwaite's progression. Many were knocking Astbury big time early on in his career. Contracted till end of next year so had another year to prove himself.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I reckon our age profile is really good for a premiership team - in the past we have seen the teams that have experienced a “dynasty”, cats and hawks for example, seemed to have many players over the 30 mark.

If we keep winning I can see this group stretching things out for a couple more years at least.

I thought this might be Houli’s last year but he certainly deserves another as he is still in our top half a doz performers.

At this age soft tissue injuries become more common and take longer to recover from. It will depend on a bit of luck on the injury front but we're still of course definitely well within our premiership window.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
At this age soft tissue injuries become more common and take longer to recover from. It will depend on a bit of luck on the injury front but we're still of course definitely well within our premiership window.

The end can come suddenly. Some good players were travelling OK, then they weren't.

Rogers, last game at 30
A.Kellaway 30
Cameron 30
Gaspar 30
Maric 30
Johnson 30
Grigg 30
Chaplin 30
Chaffey 29
Tivendale 29
Deledio 29
Foley 28
Daffy 28
Jackson 28

Will require a lot of managerial skill to transition those waiting in the wings into the senior team.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Bit more develpment and he might be in the ones with Bolton, Marlion, Syd, Shed and Daniel.

Geez good luck catching these blokes lol we will be as excitinging AF

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Egg improved immensely from the previous year.

Just goes to show what role our development coaches have played here.

Looks a much improved player and i saw him live through the finals and GF.

Has a future.