Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The end can come suddenly. Some good players were travelling OK, then they weren't.

Rogers, last game at 30
A.Kellaway 30
Cameron 30
Gaspar 30
Maric 30
Johnson 30
Grigg 30
Chaplin 30
Chaffey 29
Tivendale 29
Deledio 29
Foley 28
Daffy 28
Jackson 28

Will require a lot of managerial skill to transition those waiting in the wings into the senior team.
What happened to Kane Johnson. Don;t seem to have seen much of him in our Premiership celebrations of 17 or 19, or have i just missed him?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I don't mind Garthwaite's progression. Many were knocking Astbury big time early on in his career. Contracted till end of next year so had another year to prove himself.
Yeah. I would have thought that having Soldo, Edwards, Astbury, Short and Houli in the flag team ( all of who have been whipping boys or written off in the past) might have made some more wary about jumping to conclusions about players. As someone else said even Rance copped it.

Who will ever forget Allybabe and the relentless bagging of Rance and references to Benny Hill?

Recent experience should have taught us to trust our development now.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Who will ever forget Allybabe and the relentless bagging of Rance and references to Benny Hill?

Allybabe worked for a Hawthorn part-time recruiter. Hawthorn were well into Rance at that time. Coincidence? Maybe. But possibly ulterior motives for the relentless over the top bagging.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
What happened to Kane Johnson. Don;t seem to have seen much of him in our Premiership celebrations of 17 or 19, or have i just missed him?

Hes bought a house and raising his family about 10km nth of byron bay.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Allybabe worked for a Hawthorn part-time recruiter. Hawthorn were well into Rance at that time. Coincidence? Maybe. But possibly ulterior motives for the relentless over the top bagging.
Didn’t know that.
Also he/she was an enormous poster for a period and then completely disappeared. Could have come back under another name I guess.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
I thought he was a clear BOG for first half of the VFL G.F.
Sliced and diced off half back. Evasive, reads it well and a golden boot .
Big future

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Nice to see DES named on the bench as has been a bit of the forgotten Tiger.
Thought he was very impressive when he stepped in for Bachar his couple of snr appearances last year.
Has been some question marks over his professionalism at times but there's no doubting he has talent & some AFL traits.
If he gets another gig hopefully he makes the most of it. Go get em Egg!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Nice to see DES named on the bench as has been a bit of the forgotten Tiger.
Thought he was very impressive when he stepped in for Bachar his couple of snr appearances last year.
Has been some question marks over his professionalism at times but there's no doubting he has talent & some AFL traits.
If he gets another gig hopefully he makes the most of it. Go get em Egg!

He's high up on the list too, which can be and indicator of playing.

However Shai is last on the list and I'd expect him to be back in.

Will be between Dekka and Ross who plays I reckon.

Shai, Soldo Fridge and Marlion the 4 most likely starters.

CCJ for Tommy if he doesnt come up.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I hope Egg cracks it for another game, we need to give him a few games otherwise he'll be poached.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Some really big name Tigers have been named on the bench, Collier-Dawkins, Coleman-Jones and the biggest of them all, Eggmolesse-Smith.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Some really big name Tigers have been named on the bench, Collier-Dawkins, Coleman-Jones and the biggest of them all, Eggmolesse-Smith.

All we need is Nahas on the bench.
Then we’d have the “Hyphen” and the “Python”

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hope Dekka has a good game tomorrow.

Showed himself quite likely last year in his handful of appearances.

Good luck to him on his return.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Have always liked the Egg, has shown a lot of promise and hope he can cement a spot. Houli won't go on forever.