Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Re: Welcome Derek Eggsmolesse Smith

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
If a Subway kitchen hand is a "sandwich artist" does that mean the cafe staff on the brunch shift are "eggsmiths"?

I dropped out of school to be a sandwich artist.
Not all it's cracked up to be.
In the end it was the drugs, fast cars and faster women that undone me.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014

Drugs, fast cars and faster women undone you?
That would do me just fine

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003

tigertim said:
Just looking Smith up he seems to go by a few variations.

Derek Smith
Derrick Smith
Derek Smith Jr
Derrick Smith jnr
Derek Eggsmolesse-Smith
Derrick Eggsmolesse-Smith.

DES?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Hasn't been seen at VFL level for a while. Any sightings at training? Any news whatsoever?

In the last week I have seen him doing slow laps at training, not sure what injury he has but don't think we will see him for several more weeks at least?.

Tigeronprowl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dec 30, 2002
Anybody know what injury this bloke has. Looked very promising last year and a smooth mover. Has he a long term injury or is he having personal issues. I was hoping to see him run around in the ressies but unsighted so far this year.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Tigeronprowl said:
Anybody know what injury this bloke has. Looked very promising last year and a smooth mover. Has he a long term injury or is he having personal issues. I was hoping to see him run around in the ressies but unsighted so far this year.
Only guessing, but there was a young bloke out on the ground at the #lolnorf game assisting with the advertising screen at the qtr time huddles. Thought it was Eggsy, had a fair amount of strapping around one knee, so it wouldn't surprise if he was still out.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I don't think he's ever been named on the injury list, but I do know he didn't have a good preseason – and not due to injury. Given his long absence I'd say he has found the workload and/or commitment too much, but maybe I'm reading too much into it. Happy to be proven wrong.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I remember reading or hearing somewhere that Dekka was suffering from shin soreness, which used to be refrred to as shin splints or heated inflamed areas in the bone that can be a precursor to stress fractures.

That would explain his long lay off.

Can be a delicate and somewhat difficult condition to get on top of.

I might be wrong but I do remember seeing those words related to his absence.

That said the club hasnt really made reference to his status either.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Been racking up some consistent and impressive performances in the 2nds. Good ball user off the half back. Perhaps push edwards back in the middle and let eggy learn from the stackman in defense.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
I may stand corrected on this but I don't think he can play seniors unless someone goes on the LTIL to make way. He is only a Cat B rookie and they don't get automatic starts.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
TOT70 said:
I may stand corrected on this but I don't think he can play seniors unless someone goes on the LTIL to make way. He is only a Cat B rookie and they don't get automatic starts.

I may be wrong but I seem to remember Soldo getting a game when he was A Cat B rookie.