Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yeah has happened a bit. He tends to slow down to coasting speed while weighing up options, which maybe he gets away with in the VFL, when he probably should be doing the opposite. He's got big eyes, just needs to keep them peeled.
He needs to quicken up his urgency and get into the habit of checking his side view mirrors when he has the ball.

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Wish I’d have pulled out of as many contests as Eggy.
Would have saved a fortune in school fees

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Young, not many games, gets found out in a really hard and fast game against an opponent who are contenders.

Wow, so many surprises in the above description.

Give him time, he has work to do, this is hardly news. Has shown enough good signs to keep, assuming they don't cut the list sizes back too far. I'd like the list sizes expanded personally so players can be developed.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
He has played in 2 big boy games against GWS and Port both times played timid and a liability. Goes ok when it's not a furnace blow torch type game!

so Brisbane aren't big boys? 2nd on the ladder not big enough?

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
the only issue i have with Egg is his attempted Don't Argues ..

beyond that i like his laconic style .. and he can kick a football beautifully ..

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Easy to fix the lad if he's a bit soft just put in a bath and incrementally increase the heat that'll harden him up.

I'll see myself out.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hes had some good exposure so far and will have learned plenty especially with reviews after every game.

Last edited:

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
When the pressure got cranked up he was found wanting.

Meanwhile Baker just fed off of it.

Reactions: 2 users

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004
Maybe a couple of games in the midfield For egg when Houli returns. He has everything to make it.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
youde make a really good Director of Football.

at Adelaide
The softest footballer to wear our colours for yonks
Make Jordan McMahon look like Ronnie Andrews. Too much time in the Tropics has fogged your vision. Time for a visit to Specsavers Ezy!

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
My only concern re players who aren’t hard at the contest is when they play last line defence, I don’t like them there, in saying that I’m sure DES will improve in this area especially considering the RFC environment, his foot skills are a weapon and he maybe more suited across half back or wing if he can build a tank . Way too much to work with to just give up on after a couple of poor efforts

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The softest footballer to wear our colours for yonks
Make Jordan McMahon look like Ronnie Andrews. Too much time in the Tropics has fogged your vision. Time for a visit to Specsavers Ezy!

If youde been watching the last 4 years,

Youde have noticed both our hbf, shorty and bachar are not contested animals.

Let me take you back 10 days. Vlastuin, bachar, dtld, rance missing from our backline. Must win game against footscray. Not many expected to win.

Eggs got BOG. 10 sleeps ago. He won a huge TV.

If you want to write off that kid after one poor game, then your footy judgement is pretty impaired.

Reactions: 6 users