Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Looks bigger and stronger in the trunk and made some good decisions under pressure.
Reckon his first 2 steps need to be quicker as he sizes up options as soon as ball is in hands but his feet need to think quicker. This will give him much needed separation ( for those who like their Eggs runny )
This. Needs to get into the habit of being more urgent with his first few steps to give himself more time and space. Needs to look at short and baker re how it's done.

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
What is the thinking - are we going to draft one by March 9 or save for mid-season?
It would seem Eggs or wait til mid season draft?

Off course another club could draft Eggs as well.

There certainly is an argument to save our pick, especially with a full list atm!

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I'm not a huge fan of the Egg and would be ok if we gave him the last spot, but my preference would be hold off to see if we have a specific need at the mid-season draft. If not we save a few bucks.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Amazing fighback by Eggs.
Considering he wasn't even on the list in the off season.
He certainly scrambled himself back into contention.
Given he's only played 8 games 6 of which were last year and away from Melb an interesting question.
Has he ever played on the G before?
This might be his 1st game on Football's Nirvana.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Great to see, he had to do it the hard way and he did it.

His best game last year had me excited about the prospect of a Houli / Egg combo off half back. It’s an uncontested game atm, and we don’t know how to stop the opposition as well as we need to yet, so it makes sense to try a more attacking outside player early in the season while we’re still figuring out how to do better defence.

Hopefully it clicks with him because his best last year was very promising.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Courage comes in many forms.
Hope he has the courage to run all day.
And when it’s your turn to go, you go

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Not good enough. Seen this show before. Crumbles under pressure.

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I assume the Easter Egg gag was already been cracked
Along with Egg's career. How he got another crack on the back of low pressure pre season games is beyond me. We know what he brings and it's soft and lazy.

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Damn, very disappointing.This guy is Kayne Pettifer without the ball.

There’s no place for players who pretend to be out of the contest so they can avoid initiating contact.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Not his fault that they gave him another contract when he was nowhere near being AFL standard now or ever