Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Was always going to be found wanting minus Vloss, minus Houli. Is not that good enough to be our 2nd best running rebounder. Im OK with him on the list, I suggest he is somewhere between the 28th-32nd player selected next into the 22. For me not player 23rd best player with several other ahead of him IMO. Stick Houli and Vloss next to him along with Short and suggest he is more comfortable with what he needs to execute.

Reactions: 1 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Was disappointed with Eggs disposal decision making. Itvwas unadventurous and unattacking, lacked courage with the ball.
Didnt seem to want to win.
Disappointing
Egg can look very composed at VFL level and in our practice game , hence why he is still on out list
but last year in the hot games and against the Swans the pressure does seem to get to him and to be fair players around him weren't doing well

in lower sides he would have had a lot more games at AFL level and we'd know one way or the other if he could find himself at this level
but with us he is going to have to come in and perform , and if he doesn't then we start cycling thru others

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Shouldve taken Green and given him 12 months to have a look at him.

Plus it would've helped us to get his brother :))

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Egg can look very composed at VFL level and in our practice game , hence why he is still on out list
but last year in the hot games and against the Swans the pressure does seem to get to him and to be fair players around him weren't doing well

in lower sides he would have had a lot more games at AFL level and we'd know one way or the other if he could find himself at this level
but with us he is going to have to come in and perform , and if he doesn't then we start cycling thru others
To me its not the lack of composure but the lack of dare.
Oh well

Tigeronprowl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dec 30, 2002
Waste of list space and should have taken punt on someone else. Will never be a good player when the whips are cracking. Waste of time keeping him as depth imo.

thomas the tiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2004
He has played about 15 games and played a couple of good ones in that. Don’t judge to quickly.

I can name a few triple premiership players that took many years before showing their best....

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
should play some reserves games this year ................so tigerdell is right :)

• Wow

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Is a good player for our VFL team but will never have the toughness both mentally and physically to become an AFL player. Can add Chol to that list as well. Silly decision to give him another contract. It was something the Tigers of old would have made. Hope we arent getting to ahead of ourselves thinking we can turn any spud into a champion. Hawks went down that route and hasnt worked out very well for them.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
He has played about 15 games and played a couple of good ones in that. Don’t judge to quickly.

I can name a few triple premiership players that took many years before showing their best....

Thats right, but is close to 1 year since that disaster for him in Adelaide, and he showed the exact same deficiencies in his game. These deficiencies at AFL level are terminal IMO and he needed to show that over the last 12 months he's worked on them, but he showed no improvement. He's a beautiful kick but he needs more than that to make it, and he's just showed that he has moved no closer to making it.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Watched a replay and he wasn't our worst. He actually did some neat things in close. I have massive doubts on him but I'd be dropping Caddy before him.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Is a good player for our VFL team but will never have the toughness both mentally and physically to become an AFL player. Can add Chol to that list as well. Silly decision to give him another contract. It was something the Tigers of old would have made. Hope we arent getting to ahead of ourselves thinking we can turn any spud into a champion. Hawks went down that route and hasnt worked out very well for them.
In the preseason game against Melbourne he was levels above the others. It was hard to see how they could have taken Mansell ahead of him. But, yes, papers stamped.

Naish and Chol also look soft-boiled. With our strong hand in the draft, there won't be room on the list for these types.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

Eggs looks very different from a young Bachar to my eyes.

Bachar always looked like he was putting in the effort. He was also pretty daring with the ball, often running forward and boldly going for the riskier attacking options. Some would criticise a skill error from trying to do too much, he was never timid with the ball.

But there is something to be said for believing in a player and giving him time.

Bachar was told he’d be getting 22 games with us, so he is an example of a player needing a coach to believe in him.

Would it be worth it to guarantee 22 games for Eggy this year?

We’ll never know the answer, but one thing for certain is it’s a lot harder to put unconditional faith in any young player when you have a premiership squad.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
In the preseason game against Melbourne he was levels above the others. It was hard to see how they could have taken Mansell ahead of him. But, yes, papers stamped.

Naish and Chol also look soft-boiled. With our strong hand in the draft, there won't be room on the list for these types.
Agree on both Naish and Chol