Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Always a good sign when a player gets as many disposals in AFL as he has averaged in VFL. His game translates well.

I saw Luke Murray at the golf club after the game last night. He was rapt with Egg's game. He was so happy for him and I guess gave himself some endorsement given Egg is our first academy player to make it so far

who is Luke Murray ?

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Given Short was rushed straight back into the team after 3 months it seems Dimma really rates him.

I bracket Short and Butler together.
Looked ok when the team doing well, their weaknesses covered by team mates.

Both found out when the team not travelling so well, and players need to get their own ball.

Stack, Bolton, and now maybe Egg are upgrades.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Noticed he does the Stack fake play on shuffle after taking a mark.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Hope DES keeps his spot. Played well enough at the level to get another go. It's not just about this year.
I’d like to see him get the next 3 weeks against good opposition, great test to see where he’s at and also a fantastic learn8ng experience for him, however I think he may stiff and make way for Jack and Caddy.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
You couldn’t have dropped him on the back of last week. He was clean and his kicking was quality.
Just keep on bringing in the kids.
Can’t wait for Turner to get a game.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
We've seen Naish & Short in the distributor role at HB but DES is the first one that I've thought could genuinely fill the role Bachar plays.
As has been pointed out by his coaches he has a very good balance of a defensive mindset coupled with attacking flair. It's a great mix.
Very excited to see how he progresses.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Needs a couple of preseasons
A bit shaky with the high ball.
But has alot if poise when he has the ball.
In time he will be on the wing

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I like him and I like low trajectory kicks, but his are a fraction too low. Had a quite a few passes to a team mate in space touched by a leaping defender who shouldnt be in the game. I'm confident he'll sort it out.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Looked a little shaky at times going for the contested ball. I doubt we can have Short, Houli and Eggs in the team at the same time in September

Yeah, although Houli won't be dropped. We definitely can't have Eggs and Short in together. May have to put Stack back to shore things up - bring Caddy back in for Eggs I reckon. Seems like Short is part of the finals plan so probably keep him in to find some form.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Seems like Short is part of the finals plan.

Not after today I wouldn't have thought. It was a pretty finalsy game, and he didn't make much of a fist of it. Again.

It isn't just that he loses one-on-ones, its how he loses them.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Not after today I wouldn't have thought. It was a pretty finalsy game, and he didn't make much of a fist of it. Again.

It isn't just that he loses one-on-ones, its how he loses them.

Don't disagree with your assessment of his game, he was shizen. If he's picked again next week it will be an indication of whether he's part of the plan or not.