Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
No doubting his offensive ability but his defensive work was worse than Houli and Short (which is saying something). Needs to work on that but he's a good size and, if he gets that sorted, he will be a serious player.

Reactions: 1 user

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Not sure about him now. Those deer in headlight traits are not what you want to see. Yes he is young but he had a knack of avoiding any contact in many situations yesterday. Skills are fantastic but a little worried about the ticker. Apart from skills plays a lot like Ellis.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Unfortunately Eggs was a little over-easy at times when he should have been hard-boiled.

Agree with the sentiments of others in that there's a bit to work with. Eggs loves to come out of his shell when we're on the move forward. Just needs to make sure in one on one contests he doesn't get beaten.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Unfortunately Eggs was a little over-easy at times when he should have been hard-boiled.

Agree with the sentiments of others in that there's a bit to work with. Eggs loves to come out of his shell when we're on the move forward. Just needs to make sure in one on one contests he doesn't get beaten.

General has just set the record for the most puns in one post :D

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Egg's barely fertilised. He's just a blastocyst who still needs 9 months of development.

Are you suggesting Eggs cracked a little under pressure?
I also thought he looked fried at times and appeared that he found the pace hot as toast at certain stages.
We’ve all now had a good little taste of Eggs and think things will pan out for him as long as he keeps running to the right spots

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Are you suggesting Eggs cracked a little under pressure?
I also thought he looked fried at times and appeared that he found the pace hot as toast at certain stages.
We’ve all now had a good little taste of Eggs and think things will pan out for him as long as he keeps running to the right spots
I'm not suggesting that at all. Egg has moved out of the kitchen and into the bedroom where he belongs.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Didn't really think he was as bad as people making out. Only his 2nd game and held his own but won't be smashing it every game. He's no Stacky.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
How good would it be if Kevin Bacon played for us? Imagine the back line with Short Stack Eggs and Bacon all playing together.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Someone dropped into my daughter's creche today.

It was Eggs.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
A bit unlucky to be dropped but has shown enough that he's part of our future plans.
Seems to be growing in confidence & coming out of his shell :) a bit too going by his appearance at Club 80 the other night.
I like the kid. He'll play plenty of footy for us in the future.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Super composed and elite kicking skills. Just needs to work on his contested work and build a tank.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Yep squeezed out due to getting close now to a full list. He will have definitely benefited from the experience and didn't seem over-awed at all. It is a huge difference at AFL level and overall I was very encouraged by his performances.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Had a taste and egquitted himself well.

Look forward to see how he comes along, will be important in the VFL for the rest of the season.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Looks to have been in a pretty good paddock.

Hopefully he hasn’t gone all Relton Roberts on us.