Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Offered nothing No run out of the backline
Waste of a spot in starting 22

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
He was insipid today, but to be honest, he had 18 friends at least.
Our triple premiership winning midfield looked scared of footballs. Probably thought they would catch covid from them or something. Just a horrible performance all round.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
And we got rid of Oleg and give this guy another year , really !!!

Reactions: 3 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
He wasn't on his own today, but early on when the game was there to be won he just jogged behind an opponent rather than trying to pick him up or simply make him earn it. First quarter, twice near me within what seemed like 5 minutes.

Houli in.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
And we got rid of Oleg and give this guy another year , really !!!

no that’s rewriting history - Markov left for more opportunities whilst Eggs was delisted.

The mistake was relisting Eggs and then playing him before hugo and Naish.

Reactions: 4 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Dimma was asked about him post match (bizarrely I thought).

I think it's safe to say he wasn't impressed, and was very diplomatic, but there are non-negotiable things that DES doesn't seem to do.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Dimma was asked about him post match (bizarrely I thought).

I think it's safe to say he wasn't impressed, and was very diplomatic, but there are non-negotiable things that DES doesn't seem to do.

Hasn't learnt from the reasons why he was delisted.

Still pulls out of contests
Still doesn't chase
Still takes too long to make a decision when in possession inviting pressure that then impacts his disposal

This should be the end of Egg, he's out of data and has gone off.

Would much prefer to give Ralph Smith or even the Tasmanian kid we got in the pre-season too (name escapes me right now)

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Played like a VFL player who hasn't played in a year.
As Dimma says if you get stuck in the VFL too long you start to play like a VFL player.
Short of the level today. :(

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Hasn't learnt from the reasons why he was delisted.

Still pulls out of contests
Still doesn't chase
Still takes too long to make a decision when in possession inviting pressure that then impacts his disposal

This should be the end of Egg, he's out of data and has gone off.

Would much prefer to give Ralph Smith or even the Tasmanian kid we got in the pre-season too (name escapes me right now)
Mansell. You’re right. We know what Egg gives us, and it just isn’t enough.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Mansell. You’re right. We know what Egg gives us, and it just isn’t enough.

Thats the guy, would much rather find out if he has what it takes. We know already that Egg won't be on our list next year (shouldn't be on it this year, we'd have been better adding Green IMO).

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Has AFL standard skills. Does not play with AFL standard intensity. Every game he’s played where the heat has been on he’s been found wanting. I was bemused by his selection and unfortunately this concern was proven.

I would not blame someone like Jack Ross to be seriously pissed at being overlooked for Egg. He ain’t up to it.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Has AFL standard skills. Does not play with AFL standard intensity. Every game he’s played where the heat has been on he’s been found wanting. I was bemused by his selection and unfortunately this concern was proven.

I would not blame someone like Jack Ross to be seriously pissed at being overlooked for Egg. He ain’t up to it.

I think the selection shows what Dimma is searching for. He wants 3 smalls coming out of the back half with great kicking skills. He has Bakes and Short and wants Houli back so tried Egg. Its the right idea but wrong selection. Would have much rather it was Mansell or Ralph Smith. Why train Ralph Smith all summer as a HB to then not use him when an opportunity presents it, and choose the guy you deemed not worth being on our list initially in place of him. Bizarre they chose Egg over Ralph Smith IMO.

Reactions: 4 users