Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Eggs looks very different from a young Bachar to my eyes.

Bachar always looked like he was putting in the effort. He was also pretty daring with the ball, often running forward and boldly going for the riskier attacking options. Some would criticise a skill error from trying to do too much, he was never timid with the ball.

But there is something to be said for believing in a player and giving him time.

Bachar was told he’d be getting 22 games with us, so he is an example of a player needing a coach to believe in him.

Would it be worth it to guarantee 22 games for Eggy this year?

We’ll never know the answer, but one thing for certain is it’s a lot harder to put unconditional faith in any young player when you have a premiership squad.
I highly doubt we guaranteed 22 games for Houli. It was almost certainly "do what we ask of you and you will be best 22 for our 22 games". There is no way that Egg has done what should have been expected of him after the performance last week.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I like DES and wished he’d have made it but I don’t think he’s gunna eke out a successful AFL from here.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
DES has been trialled as a winger in the VFL. Times running out for him to make it as an AFL player. He has his faults but if there’s one thing he does that we’ve been missing lately it’s neat disposal. I reckon our forwards would appreciate DES kicking it into the F50 more than some other sky scraping entries.

Reactions: 2 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
DES has been trialled as a winger in the VFL. Times running out for him to make it as an AFL player. He has his faults but if there’s one thing he does that we’ve been missing lately it’s neat disposal. I reckon our forwards would appreciate DES kicking it into the F50 more than some other sky scraping entries.
I agree Tiger Tim. maybe wing for him, over 90 % of the time, his kicking is hitting targets. He doesn't need to rack up 30 kicks,. I have seen him kicking the ball to players' advantage which enables them to win the ball, or hitting a target over 40 to 50 metres between groups of players. in the end, he needs to make it on his own accord.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

yeah .. nah - playing on the wing requires the ability to win one on one contests, an area of weakness for eggs

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
yeah .. nah - playing on the wing requires the ability to win one on one contests, an area of weakness for eggs
And it requires gut running. Eggs likes easy over hard. He’s not gonna make it.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Yeah you either need that or pure gut running (like Brad Hill) but unfortunately for Egg, he doesn't seem to possess the desire to either go hard at the contest or gut run.

Reactions: 1 user