Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
Agree that kicking is an issue but it’s not his biggest issue. For me it’s his involvement level, he just doesn’t get involved enough. Averages 11.9 disposals over 4 years and barely a tackle a game at AFL level. He is also not much better at VFL level either. Also for someone who is supposedly a good runner he rarely shows it. Rarely if ever does his name appear in the either the fastest players on the ground or in the most kms covered.

Another that is very lucky to still be on an AFL list.

I watched him closely in one of the VFL games very late in the season. They played him in 3 different roles. Started mid/forward wing, then defensive wing, then half back. Only when he was halfback and minding a man did he look like he knew what he was doing. In the defensive wing role they were trying to get him to get his defensive spacing right and work on manning up and then when we won the ball free up and become an option. I've never seen a player look more lost on the field. He dropped off when he should of come up to the play and came up when he should of stayed back and got bypassed by the opposition on pretty much every possession down the MCG side wing. You could hear the coaches and his teammates letting him know where he should be but he just looked lost. About half way through the 3rd quarter the coaches gave up, moved him to half back and made him play "man on man".

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I watched him closely in one of the VFL games very late in the season. They played him in 3 different roles. Started mid/forward wing, then defensive wing, then half back. Only when he was halfback and minding a man did he look like he knew what he was doing. In the defensive wing role they were trying to get him to get his defensive spacing right and work on manning up and then when we won the ball free up and become an option. I've never seen a player look more lost on the field. He dropped off when he should of come up to the play and came up when he should of stayed back and got bypassed by the opposition on pretty much every possession down the MCG side wing. You could hear the coaches and his teammates letting him know where he should be but he just looked lost. About half way through the 3rd quarter the coaches gave up, moved him to half back and made him play "man on man".
Hard to see how he got to this level with no real idea of how to read the play.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Needs to spend his summer kicking under simulated pressure. The more kicking the better.
They just need to do an old fashioned pre season. 10 weeks.
*Running @ the Dunes at Gunamatta beach, improve stamina.
*Ball work at Punt Rd, improve ball skills including kicking.
*The Tan, running to improve speed/time.
*400's at Burnley oval.

That's the Zips pre season. I would have them play stimulation on 5qtrs.
They would the be the fittest group in the comp.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
They just need to do an old fashioned pre season. 10 weeks.
*Running @ the Dunes at Gunamatta beach, improve stamina.
*Ball work at Punt Rd, improve ball skills including kicking.
*The Tan, running to improve speed/time.
*400's at Burnley oval.

That's the Zips pre season. I would have them play stimulation on 5qtrs.
They would the be the fittest group in the comp.
That they do.

Reactions: 1 user