Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
If he works hard and is a super pro about correcting deficiencies, he could become a very fine player

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
His 1st half yesterday was very good. He could be a seriously good player for us IF he cleans up his disposal. At times its excellent, at times he butchers it, perfect example of that in the 2nd quarter, great attack down the Shane Warne stand wing, we took it from our D50 and were running in waves, Hugo has last possession going inside 50 and kicks it over the head of I think Bolton.

Clean that disposal up and he becomes a very dangerous weapon for us IMO.

Reactions: 8 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
His 1st half yesterday was very good. He could be a seriously good player for us IF he cleans up his disposal. At times its excellent, at times he butchers it, perfect example of that in the 2nd quarter, great attack down the Shane Warne stand wing, we took it from our D50 and were running in waves, Hugo has last possession going inside 50 and kicks it over the head of I think Bolton.

Clean that disposal up and he becomes a very dangerous weapon for us IMO.

exactly. Plenty of upside to young Hugo yet.

Reactions: 3 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
He runs that hard that hopefully after another big pre season or 2 the skill errors will reduce. Probably spent from the ground he is covering.

Reactions: 1 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Incredible first quarter, he was everywhere.

Got tired and faded. Not uncommon.

I like him . Persist

Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
The query around his disposal remains, however I think we should keep playing him.

Reactions: 1 user

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Is winning me over, runs like a Richmond man.
We look devastating in space on the turnover.

No team can go with us.

Hugo, Shai, Danny, Bakes.

It's the centre stoppages that are killing us. Tidy it up and it's ON

Reactions: 5 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
We look devastating in space on the turnover.

No team can go with us.

Hugo, Shai, Danny, Bakes.

It's the centre stoppages that are killing us. Tidy it up and it's ON
We create so many golden opportunities. A few of their goals were from horrific disposal last i50 and then all players out of position. It it’s a thing of beauty (the run and speed and spread and not the turnover) and sitting on the wing in the AFL members you can see it unfolding.

Some very fixable stuff that turns the five goal win into an 8 or 9 goal one. Hugo part of that tidying up the disposal.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
As long his efforts are there you can let slip the *smile* kicks.
The issue is he is 20 yrs old and disappears for large parts of the game.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Kid can play and will only get better with maturity and more preseasons under his belt
only 20 years old and 16 games.

Get him to 50 games and he will be tearing them a new one , Needs to clean up disposal a bit and get a bit more contested possessions but that will come in the next 2 years and another 40 games.

200+ game player

Reactions: 7 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He's ragged at times, but he's rugged. And he runs. 188. 85. Big arse. Is he a bit doughy yet? He'll be granite at 23.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Has pretty much doubled his output in every major statistical category this year as well as showing remarkable consistency when playing seniors and dominating VFL when he’s gone back too. All this and he turns 21 in November.

Definitely an exciting prospect.

Reactions: 7 users

Macca68

I'm a llama!
Mar 30, 2003
Has pretty much doubled his output in every major statistical category this year as well as showing remarkable consistency when playing seniors and dominating VFL when he’s gone back too. All this and he turns 21 in November.

Definitely an exciting prospect.
The kid has x factor and will only get better and better with experience and greater fitness to run out games.

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
He's ragged at times, but he's rugged. And he runs. 188. 85. Big arse. Is he a bit doughy yet? He'll be granite at 23.
What’s his best position I wonder? I agree that once he spends a bit of time in the weights room that he will be a beast.

Is there any chance becomes a mid?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
What’s his best position I wonder? I agree that once he spends a bit of time in the weights room that he will be a beast.

Is there any chance becomes a mid?
I'm thinking wing, jose. But no reason we shouldn't try to stretch him.