Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
He is no Dion yet, but he shows us what we want to see.

Reactions: 1 user

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
His 1st half yesterday was very good. He could be a seriously good player for us IF he cleans up his disposal. At times its excellent, at times he butchers it, perfect example of that in the 2nd quarter, great attack down the Shane Warne stand wing, we took it from our D50 and were running in waves, Hugo has last possession going inside 50 and kicks it over the head of I think Bolton.

Clean that disposal up and he becomes a very dangerous weapon for us IMO.

I noticed KMac running beside him talking to him the whole run. What a terrific example of supporting a team mate, KMac you star.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Hugo is tracking well. Still inexperienced but improving all the while. He seems to be listening to his coaches and his team mates and it shows

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
I'm thinking wing, jose. But no reason we shouldn't try to stretch him.
I’m curious about how he would go. He has a couple of attributes that would translate well I reckon, competitive and can run. We are crying out for size in the mids here we have a guy who is rugged, and seems to thrive on the contest.

He will end up 188 and close to 90 kegs, and for mine that’s the size we want our mids.

• Love

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Is winning me over, runs like a Richmond man.
At full speed his pace and power is a thing of tiger beauty. Really looking forward to what he can become. Just choose and hit your targets better, son.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I noticed KMac running beside him talking to him the whole run. What a terrific example of supporting a team mate, KMac you star.
True, that was excellent of KMac who had a very good game btw (as I have been a harsh judge of him at times), but there were signs of him struggling to keep up with those flowing blonde locks. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
I liked Kmac's big marks up fwd the other week and shots on goal from 50m this week. We need as many goal scoring weapons as possible. He and Pickett have been off the chain lately. The team is starting to get that richmondy look, the fwd handballs, winning games when not playing the best. I'm starting to feel more confidence in our chances to win a final or 2. Be good for Hugo, MRJ, Gibcus. Ross

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I’m curious about how he would go. He has a couple of attributes that would translate well I reckon, competitive and can run. We are crying out for size in the mids here we have a guy who is rugged, and seems to thrive on the contest.

He will end up 188 and close to 90 kegs, and for mine that’s the size we want our mids.
I have watched Hugo for a while and always likened him to Cam Guthrie from the cats
Guthrie has become a very good player the last 6-7 years but he was also considered too outside in his early days and really hit his straps when he was 23/24.

Im hoping and thinking Hugo will become a starting best 22 player in 2023 and will increase his output to 20-22 possessions a game and 40% contested

Reactions: 4 users

Macca68

I'm a llama!
Mar 30, 2003
The kid has x-factor. Experience and better fitness base and watch him fly.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I liked Kmac's big marks up fwd the other week and shots on goal from 50m this week. We need as many goal scoring weapons as possible. He and Pickett have been off the chain lately. The team is starting to get that richmondy look, the fwd handballs, winning games when not playing the best. I'm starting to feel more confidence in our chances to win a final or 2. Be good for Hugo, MRJ, Gibcus. Ross
But allowing WCE to score 93pts, still with some quality players like Oscar Allen missing and, very fortunately for us, resting Kennedy ... was not all that great. I know we were missing some key players too and lost Dusty for 2nd half, but that was balanced by them losing Yeo who was playing almost as well for them. I thought they killed us from CBs and cut through our defence really easily and often.

What if JK had played?

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
*wrong thread*

Didn't expect these odds....
1657079364844.png

Last edited:
  • Love

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The kid has x-factor. Experience and better fitness base and watch him fly.

X-Factor? No idea what that is but Hugo has speed, geez he can go fast. Seen him gather the ball and run away from a few this year. He's young, he can develop, and if he keeps that speed Hugo can be a real weapon.

I wasn't sold on him the last couple of years, not surprising he was in his first couple of years, but the improvement is happening and it is a delicious prospect.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I wasn't sold on him the last couple of years, not surprising he was in his first couple of years,

DS
Geez. That's a bit harsh SSSDatsun. We drafted the kid in 2019 off a covid killed junior season n 2020 was also killed by covid. His first year was pretty much last year n he got a handful of senior games. Been developing bloody nicely this year, just needs to polish up his occasional disposal farts n I reckon he might be owning a wing in a year or two.

• Love

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I noticed him laughing with a member of the opposition during the after game handshakes. Not really the appropriate time to have a laugh I would have thought. Obviously didn't meant too much for Hugo.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
And not sure what he was doing when Chol scored the 2nd last goal. He was at the back of the pack but jumped to spoil (there were already 3 tigers defenders in that pack) and left Chol at the back of the pack by himself. Dumb.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
And not sure what he was doing when Chol scored the 2nd last goal. He was at the back of the pack but jumped to spoil (there were already 3 tigers defenders in that pack) and left Chol at the back of the pack by himself. Dumb.
I reckon Grimes was on Chol at the time. Grimes should have known Chol wouldn't fly and would stay at the back of the pack.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I noticed him laughing with a member of the opposition during the after game handshakes. Not really the appropriate time to have a laugh I would have thought. Obviously didn't meant too much for Hugo.
C’mon - after every game there are catch ups and smiles and chat between opposition players.
Sometimes it’s two blokes who were mates from school or U/18 clubs - they’re allowed a moment or two of friendly chat.
Game was over.
I saw what you saw - but it’s 100% irrelevant.

Reactions: 10 users

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
C’mon - after every game there are catch ups and smiles and chat between opposition players.
Sometimes it’s two blokes who were mates from school or U/18 clubs - they’re allowed a moment or two of friendly chat.
Game was over.
I saw what you saw - but it’s 100% irrelevant.
I watched Cumberland, he was furious with himself. How a player can be laughing straight after that bemuses me. And Hugo didn't have a great game and assisted in Chol's goal.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I watched Cumberland, he was furious with himself. How a player can be laughing straight after that bemuses me. And Hugo didn't have a great game and assisted in Chol's goal.
We were watching on TV so we saw only what was broadcast - not every interaction that took place between all 46 players on the ground.
Mountains and molehills.