Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

tigre garçon

Yes, 2017, 2019 and 2020... were very good years!
Apr 22, 2004
Didn't Hugo Ralphsmith win the RFC 2km time trial? In what time please? I see that Nick Daicos did the CFC time trial in 06:32 today.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Ok Richmond Alliance, Hugo Ralphsmith will have a new guernsey number in season 2023.
Ralphsmith initially was given the No. 45 guernsey after being taken by the Tigers with their fourth pick (No. 46 overall) in the 2019 AFL national draft.
The talented speedster made 19 senior appearances in that number, receiving a Rising Star nomination during the 2022 season.
During the recent off-season, Ralphsmith requested a move to the No. 13, which was subsequently granted.
His desire to wear the No. 13 is due to the fact that was the number his father, Sean, had during his playing career with St Kilda in the 1990s, who also wore the No. 13

Ralphsmith's new number inspired by his father

Richmond Defender Hugo Ralphsmith reveals the reason he's chosen the number 13 in 2023.
Just now

Ralphsmith said it was "unbelievable" to be continuing the family tradition.
"I loved the No. 45 and dad wore 45, and now transitioning to a lower number in 13, you can't ask for anything more," he said.
"He's had a big inspiration to my footy and growing up, he was my junior footy coach, so he's always had a big influence.
"So, to get the number that he wore when he played his best footy, it's pretty special."

The 21-year-old said his dad's hard-working nature had inspired him as a footballer.
"When he was playing, his nickname was 'the terminator' because he was always trying to be the hardest and toughest at training, so I'm trying to bringing that mindset into footy to work my hardest at training and then bring that into games," he said.
After exciting Richmond fans in 2022, Ralphsmith said he was eyeing off a big pre-season.
"I'm just trying to have a really good pre-season this season, and then go into camp and then hit Round 1, and try and break into the team for Round 1 and play as many games as possible," he said.
"I think the half-back line is where but I've developed the most, but I also see myself as a wingman, but if I make the team wherever, that's where I'll play."

Hugo's father Sean said it meant a great deal to the whole Ralphsmith family.
"It means a lot that he'd want to wear my number... It's fantastic and we're very excited," he said.
"It's a progression when you're playing at a club that you get offered a lower number... And the fact that he was offered it was fantastic, so we're all thrilled.
"It's really exciting for us to see him play senior footy... We all go and sit and watch him play and it's amazing.
"I just hope he achieve his goals, that he gets into the team and stays there, and has some team success. There's nothing better than that."

#HugoRalphsmith

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Didn't Hugo Ralphsmith win the RFC 2km time trial? In what time please? I see that Nick Daicos did the CFC time trial in 06:32 today.
Yeah, and be vewy, vewy careful. According to the dud media, Nick Daicos has 'made a statement'.:eek:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He's got a lot to do to be better than Phil Egan. I'd be happy if he was as good as Robbie Powell. Currently tracking roughly Ricky Petterd.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
He's got a lot to do to be better than Phil Egan. I'd be happy if he was as good as Robbie Powell. Currently tracking roughly Ricky Petterd.
Robbie Powell would slay in modern footy. I like Hugo, reckon he can be a really good core footballer.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Robbie Powell would slay in modern footy. I like Hugo, reckon he can be a really good core footballer.
Yeah, I was a big fan of Powell. Injuries destroyed him but in today's game he'd be built for that high half-forward role. He could get the ball and kick goals. Had pace, endurance and skill.

I like Hugo too. He has some rough edges with disposal and ball handling and can be both a bit straight-line and at times not hard enough, but there's plenty to work with and he has a great attitude. He has pace and endurance, skill needs work. KMac did it (but he's bigger and naturally harder).

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Yeah consistency in his attack on the ball, field kicking and his touch are the areas needed to improve to make it.

Basically what Spook said. :LOL:

• Haha

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yeah, I was a big fan of Powell. Injuries destroyed him but in today's game he'd be built for that high half-forward role. He could get the ball and kick goals. Had pace, endurance and skill.

I like Hugo too. He has some rough edges with disposal and ball handling and can be both a bit straight-line and at times not hard enough, but there's plenty to work with and he has a great attitude. He has pace and endurance, skill needs work. KMac did it (but he's bigger and naturally harder).
Hugo is hitting targets in pre-season whereas Dow is not.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Should I 'like' that, or should I not 'like' that?

Dow has something Hugo needs to learn: composure in tight.
What comprises are you willing to make, to be honest I haven't seen all that much composure in Dow yet even though he can weave in and out of traffic even his handballs are hit and miss, not Shedda like at all.
I haven't written off Dow by any means a big year for him though

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
What comprises are you willing to make, to be honest I haven't seen all that much composure in Dow yet even though he can weave in and out of traffic even his handballs are hit and miss, not Shedda like at all.
I haven't written off Dow by any means a big year for him though
looking like 20% chance of making it and really needs to start dominating VFL to become a player

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

I could have written that post but from my position that he probably isn't going to be a player who can be part of an absolute top line team.

I think Hugo is a little bit of lots of things but not enough of anything.

Reactions: 2 users