Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Constantly bemused with those who always think people with different hair need to get it cut so that they can look 'normal' like other boring arse sheeple's.
I thought sheeple term only applied to those who thought the moon landing happened and 9. 11 was real?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Constantly bemused with those who always think people with different hair need to get it cut so that they can look 'normal' like other boring arse sheeple's.

93EC3FD3-3149-4F35-8A74-16703CF838D5.jpeg

Agree, hope he keeps his haircut.
There’s something special about it

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
I trust Matty Clarke & his recruiting team who have picked prospects with a high ceiling given elite development.
We don’t need to risk ruining them by playing them in the”1”s next year,let them develop,Thompson Dow & Hugo Ralphsmith are Bottom Agers & should improve out of sight given time.
Hugo is the recruit I’m most excited about,his Coach Mathew Lloyd thinks he could be anything,a running machine,hugely talented.
He’s already grown 2 cms since his Bio came out & given he’s just turned 18 might finish 190+.
Let’s hope,he’s going to be a hard match up for oppositions.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Site that shall not be named has a nice piece on Hugo's draft year from the perspective of his Dad.

Thanks for posting JJ - a great read with my morning coffee. I actually had s tear when he got picked. Its easy to forget the physical and emotion effort by families getting these kids to the draft

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Reactions: 6 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Thanks for posting JJ - a great read with my morning coffee. I actually had s tear when he got picked. Its easy to forget the physical and emotion effort by families getting these kids to the draft
Hopefully you get to experience it mate

Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Gotta agree there eT, found myself tearing up when reading and watching the family celebrate.... maybe it's the crazy bit of that Richmond love we all share wishing we, or one of our kids had been that lucky!

Appears he has a great family and I'm looking forward to seeing them go completely nuts when he debuts.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Gotta agree there eT, found myself tearing up when reading and watching the family celebrate.... maybe it's the crazy bit of that Richmond love we all share wishing we, or one of our kids had been that lucky!
Unless of course your surname is Ellis or Houli. Then you have to sit back and listen to so called Richmond supporters potting your son for their entire careers.
Puts it in perspective, doesn’t it!!

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Over the weekend one of the many Richmond players who message Hugo is Jack Riewoldt.

"Hi mate. Congratulations. Welcome to Richmond. I hear you live Bayside. Would you like a lift to training?"

Says so much about the club, and Jack. Wasn't that long ago that the word was our senior players wouldn't talk much with the newer players.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Poor kid. Every time he *smile* up a possession or fails a contest. I'm gunna be leaning over the fence calling Raaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :vomit :))

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I remember watching the draft and crossing my fingers with hope he falls to Richmond but was worried about the north picks
When we bid on the 2 academy kids and then traded the pick to pies i thought damn the pies could take him and when they didnt i thought whats going on here why are we do selecting him. Then we did and my fist went in the air

I hope he develops like what we hope as his upside is massive and with the right development and leadership this kid could very well develop into another big inside/outside mid that could drift foward and kick goals.

Stephenson is probably the best comparison but with the right development and if he has it in him then even a bont 'Type' of mid is a possibility
thats a big 'IF' but he has all the tools Height,Pace,Tank,Leap,Agility

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
No more groans when names are read out by the RFC. You've joined the biggest, and THE BEST!

Reactions: 1 users