Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
It's too early for riddles Quickdraw, I'm off to training.

I am saying Hugo no chance for round 1 not because he is no good but because he is yet to play a VFL game and practice the way we play, also they have not settled where they want Hugo to play although the last 2 match sims they are playing him half back
Didnt he play for the 'yellows' in the scratch match?

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Dunno if this is right or not, but AFL player I work with, and has a son in the AFL now and knows Hugo pretty well from years at TAC and school level, says he is a good kid but will need to find a bit more of his own ball. (Found the Hub life a bit tough too apparently - which you'd expect being so young.)

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Jack R pumped his tires on the radio this morning too.

I subsequently listened only thing Jack got wrong was that he said Hugo has been around for a couple of years when it is only the one.
We also need to remember he was a bottom ager so plenty of scope.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
He didn’t waste his time in the bubble at the GC. Did a heap of work and it shows

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
It's too early for riddles Quickdraw, I'm off to training.

I am saying Hugo no chance for round 1 not because he is no good but because he is yet to play a VFL game and practice the way we play, also they have not settled where they want Hugo to play although the last 2 match sims they are playing him half back

Well in a Dimma article today it looks as though they have settled on where they would like Hugo to play, they are grooming him as a half back replacement for Houli.
Happy with that, wing or half back is where I wanted him to make best use of his run and carry.

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Well in a Dimma article today it looks as though they have settled on where they would like Hugo to play, they are grooming him as a half back replacement for Houli.
Happy with that, wing or half back is where I wanted him to make best use of run and carry.

I don't think we're allowed to say the word "grooming" anymore.

• Wow
  • Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
who would have thought , what seemed such an innocent book title way back when is now so wrong

View attachment 11593

It's sometimes tough to keep up with what's no longer acceptable. It's got to the point at work where the media relations dept now circulate a list of phrases and words to avoid using.

• Wow

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Seems to be the most likely dubutant in round 1 with all the talk around him from the club. If he plays well in either of the practice games you would think he is a near certainty

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Seems to be the most likely dubutant in round 1 with all the talk around him from the club. If he plays well in either of the practice games you would think he is a near certainty
Whilst promising i take out of Dimma's comments that they are still working on Hugo's contested/defensive side that he has a little way to go yet?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
It's sometimes tough to keep up with what's no longer acceptable. It's got to the point at work where the media relations dept now circulate a list of phrases and words to avoid using.
I once got sacked from a job for smiling too much.
I told them if I can’t smile at work, I don’t want to be a funeral director

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users