Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
His effort endeavour and intensity will keep him in the side

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
He was still running strong in the last. Need him in. Edwards Cotch Prestia struggling to run out games.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The lad simply lacks awareness on the field and composure.

He gets caught a lot with the footy, but he snatches at the ball when its on the deck so is often fumbly below his knees.

When he's on the move and gets clean possession via hand or favorable bounce he's off to the races and is a very good shot at goal.

Has some deficiencies to iron out but he's a kid with a dozen or so games under his belt.

I think he will make way for George next week. They wont leave George out too long. Dimma is very loyal to his Premiership Players.

Reactions: 4 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Can't really fault Hugo tonight due to so many of our players having absolute mares

Reactions: 1 user

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
The lad simply lacks awareness on the field and composure.

He gets caught a lot with the footy, but he snatches at the ball when its on the deck so is often fumbly below his knees.

When he's on the move and gets clean possession via hand or favorable bounce he's off to the races and is a very good shot at goal.

Has some deficiencies to iron out but he's a kid with a dozen or so games under his belt.

I think he will make way for George next week. They wont leave George out too long. Dimma is very loyal to his Premiership Players.
I'm of the opinion he has to keep playing. That run and carry and his kicking is usually pretty good.

Reactions: 5 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I'm of the opinion he has to keep playing. That run and carry and his kicking is usually pretty good.
Yep, we have to stick fat with him, he just needs to refine his disposal a bit.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Yep, we have to stick fat with him, he just needs to refine his disposal a bit.
This was the knock on Alex Rance in his early years. He's like a wild colt that needs some refinement but we need his run and desire for the contest. A number of players were guilty of turnovers or losing contests tonight because they had no room to move in our fwd half due to the Port flood and dewy conditions. I just hope the team as a whole can keep on putting a winning score on the board until we get through these outdoor night games in the middle of winter...at least it wasn't raining.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Reckon we need to keep playing Hugo with Kmac and Pickett as our 3 rotating wingers, Ross may get anther look in. I thought Hugo was ok and wasn't on his lonessome tonight with some pretty poor ball use. I reckon Banks may also get a crack at the 3rd wing role before the end of the year.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He was horrible in a number of encouraging ways.

I'd say get the boy some Grippo but god knows where his kicks would go then.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He’s the new, young, smaller version of Kaps McIntosh. Runs hard all game long, good here … not so good there…competitive.

He’ll stay on the list for a while yet, unlike one or two others in his age bracket.

Reactions: 6 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
He’s the new, young, smaller version of Kaps McIntosh. Runs hard all game long, good here … not so good there…competitive.

He’ll stay on the list for a while yet, unlike one or two others in his age bracket.
This.
Took Kamdyn a while. And last night he was one of the few that could hit a target.
Persevere. The kid has game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
lacks a bit of focus now and then

but plenty of upside

Reactions: 2 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Had a little horror patch where he was dashing through the middle to turn it over with his kick. Then gave away 50 which resulted in a goal straight afterwards. Still kept plugging away though.