Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I'm a fan. He can halve contests and provides an outnumber. Fast strong aggressive. Very much in the Pickett Kmac mould.

Reactions: 4 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Big time needs to clean his disposal or won't make it.
Yeah nah. He's fast, he's aggressive, works hard, he gets the ball. In Richmond world those traits are more important than surgical disposal.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Our young outside players found the going difficult in the swamp tonight.

Melbourne winter evenings are more suited to the muckers than the gliders.

Hugo and Judson will be instrumental against Geelong. Speed kills. Particularly the elderly.
Who are our young inside players? RcD?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Not in my book butchers it to much to often.
He's young, the poise will come. The other stuff is harder to teach, and is more important to us. One thing young Rancey taught me, if players are making blues taking the game on, you cut them slack.

Reactions: 3 users

lounder

Tiger Cub
Aug 16, 2014
I watched him from the members wing and was struck by how often he appeared adrift in space, either not manning up or being short the stamina to get to where he needed to be?

What is our expectation of his tank at this stage of his development?

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
20 year old who played his 14th game last night. Shown he has some skills and has some things to work on

Keep playing him and lets see him work on improving his game over this year and 2023. Then make an assessment

Reactions: 3 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
If he reminds me of anyone at this early stage , it’s Brandon Ellis . Looks like he is going to be an elite runner , but ball use not always 10/10
But that might improve.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
He reminds me of a young McKintosh.
Disposals and decision making will improve.
The kid has game. He’s AFL standard without doubt. And there’s a lot more left in the tank

Reactions: 4 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
More speed than Ellis or Macca.
Can really get zipping
Will prove to be more attacking weapon than those two

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
20 year old who played his 14th game last night. Shown he has some skills and has some things to work on

Keep playing him and lets see him work on improving his game over this year and 2023. Then make an assessment
This.
Was clearly too hesitant for most of the night. He isn't shirking it, just not always confident or sure what to do.
But we aren't playing him for now. Like Clarke and Moju we want them to excel in 2025

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Hugo plays outside and he gets there for the outnumber. But when he's real good he wins contests. When not favoured. That's an unusual blend. Kmac and Marlion can do this. But Hugo's best is more inside IMO.

He drives me insane but I love the way he hits it when he's on. Maybe he can level up this year. That would be good.

• Love

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Fumbles due to taking eye off ball. (Rushed. 14 games.) Can get it. Cannot kick. Runs. We need run. Persist.

Reactions: 8 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Well Hugo's lost his spot.
Continues to be a work in progress but there's a few areas of his game he needs to tidy up to establish himself in the 22.
That's ok. Still early days for him.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Well Hugo's lost his spot.
Continues to be a work in progress but there's a few areas of his game he needs to tidy up to establish himself in the 22.
That's ok. Still early days for him.

Yep, still early days.
But needs to tidy up his disposal urgently if he wants to play in the remainder of the year.
Outside players must at the very least have adequate disposal (think KMac). Hugo's disposal is a level below that.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Disappointed we dropped Hugo. He's having a crack and his upside is enormous.

Certainly offering more than Shedda has this season.

But maybe he's sore and needs a spell. I think Gibcus is in the same boat but our defensive stocks are low without Noah

Reactions: 1 users