Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Kid stays. He is young and learning.

But more importantly he gives us speed and run across the ground.

Talk of him not being a long term player are just plain stupid.
agree Smoking. He will be better next week at the G.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Kid stays. He is young and learning.

But more importantly he gives us speed and run across the ground.

Talk of him not being a long term player are just plain stupid.
He has some strengths and a few glaring weaknesses. Needs to sharpen his handling and use or he'll be overtaken next year by the Superhunks.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Could he play forward , as a quick mid sized forward with a good tank that can push up the ground? perhaps covering Georges defensive role?
Or a more attacking lead up forward role?

Would a forward structure of Lynch,Jack - Cumberland , HRS - Bolton , MJR work?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I noticed a couple of times that he was poor on his left foot. Is he weak on his left?
We don't know, he's never used it.

Could he play forward , as a quick mid sized forward with a good tank that can push up the ground? perhaps covering Georges defensive role?
Or a more attacking lead up forward role?

Would a forward structure of Lynch,Jack - Cumberland , HRS - Bolton , MJR work?
He's played forward a bit this year at times. Cumbo has kicked the door down to take that spot though. Whether there's another available, maybe. But I think next year MoJu and Juddy will be aiming for it, and both are cleaner and with more forward nous.

Reckon it's going to end up wing or bust for Hugo.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Needs a spell in the 2's to focus on his composure and decision making. Bring Stack in as the 7th defender.

Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Needs a spell in the 2's to focus on his composure and decision making. Bring Stack in as the 7th defender.
Needs to be able to pick the ball up off the deck. Constantly fumbles. Looks good running with ball in hand but that’s about it atm.
In the same situation, Stack picks it up with one hand at pace, side steps an opponent and hits our leading target on the tit.
Give me a footballer over an athlete every time.

Reactions: 3 users

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Watching Banks game yesterday in the AFL he is miles ahead of Hugo with decision making, toughness and ball use.

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
I reckon Hugo might be about to get a rest.
He should be after last week's howler.
Has had plenty of opportunities this year and done ok, but perhaps the grind has got to him.
Elimination final this weekend, need hard bodies willing to crash in.
Did somebody say "Sydney Stack"?

Reactions: 2 users