Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
His the one youngster that worries me skills and kicking not up to scratch for my liking.

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
I genuinely believe his hair has been getting him games. Makes him more noticeable. Makes him look faster. Surely a player with the confidence to be rocking that hair has to have something special going on to back it up? Right? Right??

I reckon Hugo with a buzzcut spends a whole lot more time in the 2s developing.

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
Best suited on the wing for mine, put Marlion in the guts.
if Marlion can have a big preseason he could be that big powerful mid we are looking for.
strong, fast, tough, dasher, dual footed 55m kicks, beautiful mark and balance, can defend.

Reactions: 3 users

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Needs to learn to go when he should put his body on the line... Plus he definitely needs to learn how the kick over the man on the mark.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
if Marlion can have a big preseason he could be that big powerful mid we are looking for.
strong, fast, tough, dasher, dual footed 55m kicks, beautiful mark and balance, can defend.
Marlion's first game was a ripper & he played in the guts. Barely been in there since.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He's done well to play 13 senior gmes this year & get a RS nomination but I doubt we'll see Hugo in the snr side again for the rest of the season.
Some of the disposal issues he had at AFL level were still apparent at VFL level on the weekend. He didn't really stand out.
If he wants to play as a predominantly outside type at AFL level (given his obvious pace) the 2 things he needs to keep developing over summer are his disposal under pressure & consistent strength in the contest. Still a very raw project IMO. With heat coming from the likes of Banks & Brown underneath he's going to need to make his opportunities count.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
He has done well, still just a young pup.
Inconsistency in a 20yo? Unbelievable!
Not strong enough against professional athletes in the system for 8+ years? Outrageous!
Not as well rounded as a top 3 pick? Unfathomable.
Decision making DMBIH is wanting in a high speed cauldron contest when he hasn't played 50 or 100 games? Diabolical!

The usual posters jumping on a Richmond player 2 weeks after he played well? Surprise!

Reactions: 4 users

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
He has done well, still just a young pup.
Inconsistency in a 20yo? Unbelievable!
Not strong enough against professional athletes in the system for 8+ years? Outrageous!
Not as well rounded as a top 3 pick? Unfathomable.
Decision making DMBIH is wanting in a high speed cauldron contest when he hasn't played 50 or 100 games? Diabolical!

The usual posters jumping on a Richmond player 2 weeks after he played well? Surprise!
Agree not timid. His obvious weakness (along with Dow) is ball security, something pre season and gym can easily overcome.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Is representing us in the 100m on GF day.

I hope he gives a good account of himself. Is he the fastest at the club?

Also interesting Naish and Chol are also running for WCE and GC.

Reactions: 5 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Pretty sure Hugo not the fastest at the club, over 100m i'd go Biggy and he ran the 20-metre sprint in 2.855 seconds which is ELITE, (however he has already competed and only came 5th in 2020).
I reckon Josh Gibcus would be good over the 100.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021

I'm faster then Naish

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Pretty sure Hugo not the fastest at the club, over 100m i'd go Biggy and he ran the 20-metre sprint in 2.855 seconds which is ELITE, (however he has already competed and only came 5th in 2020).
I reckon Josh Gibcus would be good over the 100.
GEORGE !!

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
A few years back multiple players including Dan if i recall correctly said Grimes was the fastest 100m runner at club, that may have changed with this recent injuries obviously..