Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
HRS might have 4 weeks to really prove he belongs at AFL level.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Lucky lucky boy is Hugo.

Cumbo would be well miffed at his non selection considering how poorly Hugo played in the seconds.

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Letting the ball out the back is a problem. Getting wrong sided by opponents, similar.

If Hugo is getting a run he must have worked on these football matters. We’ll see.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Im sorry kids,This selection is desperation of the highest level.
Not sure I noticed him in the 2's last week against properly the worse football team ever shown on free to air.
It's embarrassing we didn't have a reserves player have 40+ touches or a foward kick 10.
They were a bush club

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Lucky lucky boy is Hugo.

Cumbo would be well miffed at his non selection considering how poorly Hugo played in the seconds.

I'm not with you there Tommy T, I didn't watch it on the box so Hugo may have come across worse than what he appeared live at the ground.
I am with Morro particularly on the first half when he was playing off half back and that is where he will rotate in tonight, Broady and to a lesser extent Shorty, who still spends time and provides rebound out of defence, needed to be replaced.
Pies ain't tall down there hence no Miller recall.
I am keen to see how Hugo goes tonight because I think most on here believe he is a bit suspect under pressure, (with the Pie's there will be none greater), so if he can give a good account of himself tonight then it would dispel that somewhat and prove he could become a reliable rebound defender, if he has a shocker then we may not see him again for awhile and the jury will again be out again with wing his next most likely option.

Hugo Ralphsmith (13 disposals, three marks, two rebound-50s)

"Hugo started the game at half-back and went to a wing, and I thought he had a really solid first half despite being heavily tagged. He finished the game playing as a high half-forward in a bid to expose him to a couple of different roles that we may need replaced at AFL level in the not-to-distant-future, and I thought his application was really good."

As for Cumbo even with Morro's Rose Coloured Glasses this is the best he could come up with for Cumbo's game on the weekend and even that was flattering:

Noah Cumberland (10 disposals, five tackles, two marks)

"Had a bit of an indifferent game. I thought offensively, he didn't have the impact that we would expect of him, and at times, his defence was inconsistent. But, highlighted by his five tackles, I thought he really did step in at times, and the opposition certainly felt him when he was in and around contests at times."

Reactions: 1 user

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
High bomb inside 50 again to nobody. Rebounds straight out. Cannot have this bloke. Can’t use it

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Never want to see him again
As per previous post by Merveille
Disgraceful kick inside F50
When he had 3 players who ran to space on the wing and kicks to a contest
Killed any chance we had
The new whipping boy of punt rd
PRO !!

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Never want to see him again
As per previous post by Merveille
Disgraceful kick inside F50
When he had 3 players who ran to space on the wing and kicks to a contest
Killed any chance we had
The new whipping boy of punt rd
PRO !!
Hugo wasn’t great but he’s so far from our biggest problem

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Said it all along. Panic merchant who will never change. Should have traded while interest was there

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
We had plenty worse than this bloke. I thought he played career-best defence. I'm not a fan but he's learning.

Reactions: 11 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We had plenty worse than this bloke. I thought he played career-best defence. I'm not a fan but he's learning.
He's just another who can't kick Jack. It's a bloody epidemic at Punt Road.

Reactions: 4 users