Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Jack sounded seriously impressed by this kid in the presser.
If caesar's report is correct that Josh kept Jack goalless in match sim then that is bloody exciting even if just a taste.
Cant wait to watch him this season.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Gibcus with wraps + Brown and Clarke getting noticed. Sonsie has pre draft admirers

Maybe the 2021 draft haul will be one of our better ones.....maybe

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Gibcus with wraps + Brown and Clarke getting noticed. Sonsie has pre draft admirers

So we can write off 2021 as a deliberate Tank to maximise our draft position.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020
So we can write off 2021 as a deliberate Tank to maximise our draft position.

Still blows me away we took Rance as a priority pick not knowing what we had but have taken Gibcus knowing full well what we’re getting. Can’t wait to see this kid play.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerfan1961

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 25, 2004
Or a real worry.........
I don’t think so myself. from what I’ve seen of the lad, he’s going to be a big time player for us. Reads the play well, can play man on man (killed Darcy twice last season from all accounts) and is extremely athletic.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerfan1961

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 25, 2004
Yeah all good from that point of view. Not so much that the veteran forward couldn't get a kick on a kid who's been in the system for 30 seconds!
Yeah, had that thought myself but having not seen the action, hard to judge. I think Jack will be more than a handful for defenders when we get in to the real stuff. Here’s hoping anyway

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah, had that thought myself but having not seen the action, hard to judge. I think Jack will be more than a handful for defenders when we get in to the real stuff. Here’s hoping anyway
Broady touched Jack up in pre season games in 2016 and he (Jack) was at the peak of his powers then.

Hopefully the Gibbus can win 3 Premiership Medals with the RFC too.

Hopefully Jack and Broady can win 4 ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Gibcus has said publicly he's got the confidence to beat anyone. Don't think JR is going to be his only victim..
Surely JR was just cruising though. he is a seasoned veteran...he doesn't need the hard yards now. he knows when to pull the finger out.... Still great for the kid though.

Reactions: 4 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
If Lachie Henderson can keep JR goalless you’d hope our young defenders could too

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Surely JR was just cruising though. he is a seasoned veteran...he doesn't need the hard yards now. he knows when to pull the finger out.... Still great for the kid though.
Maybe. But all these players have fairly healthy ego and I'm not sure Jack will like hearing that Biscuit kept him goal less.

Their next meeting will be a better indicator.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Maybe. But all these players have fairly healthy ego and I'm not sure Jack will like hearing that Biscuit kept him goal less.

Their next meeting will be a better indicator.

Only 2 x 10 minute quarters folks, nothing much to read into it but being the 1st match sim had to give you something to salivate over but don't get ahead of yourselves ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

These things follow a predictable pattern on fan websites

1. Multiple pages on who we should pick
2. Mixture of exhilaration and depression when the draft happens
3. Confidence that we have a bumper draft group grows during pre season when we see them train
4. When the season starts posting questioning why we picked player x when player y we overlooked is killing it with another team starts

I am expecting the same pattern :D

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users