Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
These things follow a predictable pattern on fan websites

1. Multiple pages on who we should pick
2. Mixture of exhilaration and depression when the draft happens
3. Confidence that we have a bumper draft group grows during pre season when we see them train
4. When the season starts posting questioning why we picked player x when player y we overlooked is killing it with another team starts

I am expecting the same pattern :D
5. Player Z not getting a game. Farce declared.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I assume the HS are jumping on the Gibcus train? Can anyone who is a subscriber confirm?

Track watch: The new Tiger cubs tearing it up​

After a disappointing 2021 campaign, there is plenty of buzz out of Punt Rd. And one young gun in particular is set to feature early doors.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
It's start of Feb. Old hands like Jack still going through motions in 20 min match sims.

Nothing to see here.

Reactions: 7 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
It's start of Feb. Old hands like Jack still going through motions in 20 min match sims.

Nothing to see here.
Correct Leysy. Jack has barely touched a footy.

I am also not on the Balta bandwagon just yet as a key forward. I still have reservations about his ability to read the play as a forward.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yep, Gibcus.

You gotta love the accuracy of the Herald Sun, i went to the library to read the article and their is a caption "Dustin Martin is challenged by Samson Ryan".

The matching photo has Sonsie tackling Dusty, not hard to get wrong Samson is 207cm and Sonz is what 181cm :rolleyes: .

Wish I could plagiarize and post the photo it gave me my laugh for the day :mhihi

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Surely JR was just cruising though. he is a seasoned veteran...he doesn't need the hard yards now. he knows when to pull the finger out.... Still great for the kid though.
Also, wouldn't surprise me if Jack will be focused on getting the kid's confidence up. I reckon he can see he has the tools and how quickly he finds the confidence to commit those tools will determine how quickly we see him at AFL level.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
You gotta love the accuracy of the Herald Sun, i went to the library to read the article and their is a caption "Dustin Martin is challenged by Samson Ryan".

The matching photo has Sonsie tackling Dusty, not hard to wrong Samson is 207cm and Sonz is what 181cm :rolleyes: .

Wish I could plagiarize and post the photo it gave me my laugh for the day :mhihi
Yeah, saw that this morning and wondered how they came up with Ryan:

A622C2A5-3F1B-47AE-A163-CD7ED19C2A28.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

The matching photo has Sonsie tackling Dusty, not hard to get wrong Samson is 207cm and Sonz is what 181cm :rolleyes: .

Only 15 year olds work at the Hun.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Who’s job is it to identify a player in a photograph? It can’t be up to the photographer to identify 800 players on AFL lists. Surely there’s a process, ie check with someone at the club.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Correct Leysy. Jack has barely touched a footy.

I am also not on the Balta bandwagon just yet as a key forward. I still have reservations about his ability to read the play as a forward.
Smokes, anywhere from the wing and centre square to our goal IS the forward line for Noah.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The Sonz can put that photo on the mantle piece. He's made it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Kinda wondering why the Sonz was wearing a watch during training drills? They have gps devices that go in the back of the jumpers, some poor bugger could get his face creased in a pack situation from the watch.