Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Gosh Jibcus has got me excited.

With the leap that he has, I'm hoping that the forward line will eventually be his go.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I worry about playing lean, skinny, springy talls too early. Hopefully we don’t need him in his first year and he is eased into it. One leg injury could ruin him.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
How else is he going to use snapchat during training TM?
But, he's got 40 team mates to chat to at training n the only time he'd need to snap at one of them is if they stuff up a training drill.

I know, I know. Old fart can see himself out.

• Haha

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Gosh Jibcus has got me excited.

With the leap that he has, I'm hoping that the forward line will eventually be his go.

Ok Gibcus is still quite slim but I reckon he has put on a bit of size since he has walked in the door, on Thursday I saw him getting a bit one on one body work instruction from Nank and i were thinking maybe he is not as light as i thought he was?.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
I don’t think so myself. from what I’ve seen of the lad, he’s going to be a big time player for us. Reads the play well, can play man on man (killed Darcy twice last season from all accounts) and is extremely athletic.
Could be another "Thank you" from us to GWS.
Similar too the weekly "Thank you" to Melbourne for Dusty.

• Haha

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Surely JR was just cruising though. he is a seasoned veteran...he doesn't need the hard yards now. he knows when to pull the finger out.... Still great for the kid though.
Jack being the Richmond man he is.Just a dose of Confidence for a kid can go along way.
Maybe Dusty should let RCD beat him.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Ok Gibcus is still quite slim but I reckon he has put on a bit of size since he has walked in the door, on Thursday I saw him getting a bit one on one body work instruction from Nank and i were thinking maybe he is not as light as i thought he was?.

Actually looking at him again today he is still skinny ;)

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
JR's declared him a freak star-in-waiting today.

:banana

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Let's hope we have a bit of luck, he remains uninjured and reaches his full potential. Big praise from Jack

• Love

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
most athletic young tall he's seen... high praise from a guy who's seen Rance, Balta, and Gourdis come through first-hand :cool:

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
most athletic young tall he's seen... high praise from a guy who's seen Rance, Balta, and Gourdis come through first-hand :cool:
It's exciting isn't it. Personally I'd prefer that Jack just said that he has fitted in well and looks to be a talent. Having said that the kid talked himself up on draft night.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Jack has played over 300 games with 3 premierships and 3 coleman medals and has seen alot of young kids come and go as well as played against them.

Im sure he wouldnt be making a statement like that for no reason and i respect his judgement, We have a beauty and very lucky to have had him available at our selection. Hobbs who ?

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
will play round 1
assuming Charlie Curnow is fit come round 1 will most likely be pitted against Gibcus. This will free up Tarrant to go to McKay, Grimes to play small, and the higher likelihood of Balta playing forward/pinch hitting in the ruck

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Putting a lot on a young kid who has only been in the system for a few weeks especially when we have battle hardened players fit and ready to roll all around the field. That said I hope he makes it
If you were looking for a rational and balance analysis, you've come to the wrong place :)

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users